Oconomowoc area lakes boat traffic

• Tai
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am looking to move to SE WI to be closer to family. One of my criteria is wherever I move to, that location needs to be less than 1hr from a lake or group of lakes. Oconomowoc seems pretty ideal. (currently reside in MN)

Was wondering how the boat traffic is on the weekends in this area since its so close to Milwaukee and suburb areas. I mainly bass fish.

bigpike
    Participant

I would suggest to plan on fishing week nights and early mornings. There are nice lakes to fish in that area including Pewaukee, Pine, Nagawica, Upper and Lower Nambobin and Oconomowoc just to name a few. Also you have 1 large lake in Michigan. Better yet fish these lakes at night. Just my 2 cents

milemark_714
    Participant

Boat traffic on those lakes on nice weekends is absolutely brutal.For bass,I would recommend Okauchee lake,it has many bays that are SNW.Nemahbin is not bad as the rest,better on lower lake.Anything after 10 AM is nuts.

Tai
    Participant

Thanks for the info. How is the bass fishing out of Milwaukee?? I wasn’t able to find much on youtube or forums on this.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

So, your little oking to move into my back yard jester plenty of lakes with decent bass. It will take some time to figure out which lakes and when. Pleasure boat traffic and fishing pressure is horrible at times. However, if your willing to drive a hour or so each from Oconomowoc, a lot of great places. Couple hours and your on some awesome places

Tai
    Participant

So, your little oking to move into my back yard jester plenty of lakes with decent bass. It will take some time to figure out which lakes and when. Pleasure boat traffic and fishing pressure is horrible at times. However, if your willing to drive a hour or so each from Oconomowoc, a lot of great places. Couple hours and your on some awesome places

lol thanks. I think being in MN has spoiled me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.