NRA…..not looking good.

• ganderpike
    Alexandria

NRA is pretty much at the top of every reasonable persons list of “Can Afford to Lose”. Time and time again not standing up for the 2A. Let em burn

Coletrain27

NRA is pretty much at the top of every reasonable persons list of “Can Afford to Lose”. Time and time again not standing up for the 2A. Let em burn

X2. im not even a member anymore. the amount of trash and spam emails and phone calls i get after signing up is amazing

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

im not even a member anymore. the amount of trash and spam emails and phone calls i get after signing up is amazing

I haven’t been a member for about 15 years either. They’re like a used car salesman. Merciless with trying to get me to re join with the emails and junk in the mail.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Demographics are changing. The NRA isn’t going to survive solely fear mongering the baby boomer generation and older. There’s gotta be a PR shift towards promoting careers, accomplishments, positive experiences etc. created by the second amendment and owning/shooting firearms. I can only be told so many times there are ruthless a**holes in the world and I need to own firearms “or else.” Everyone knows that or is ignoring that…depending on their beliefs and is unlikely to waiver.

I fully support gun ownership for recreation, self defense, hobbies, etc. The NRA will really have to pivot in the coming years to remain relevant in my opinion.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Is the NRA in a rough financial spot…or are they simply propping up some positions earning substantially more than they generate for the association?

Wake me up when some of these people take a cut for the greater good.

Attachments:
    1. DFDF046D-EF31-4B8D-8637-FFD99124CF9A.png

ajw

I highly recommend GOA (gun owners of America)

NRA can suck a fart. I won’t send money to pay for Wayne’s Shenanigans

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Holy Hannah those are ridiculous salaries for an organization like this.

MX1825

Is the NRA in a rough financial spot…or are they simply propping up some positions earning substantially more than they generate for the association?

Looks like good old Corporate America.
    Big Bucks to the top and pennies to the people that do the REAL work.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Holy Crap!!!
    No wonder why they are in financial straights….

All the $ is going to the Corp Goons.
    So I guess about .05 cents on the dollar actually goes for the cause and everything else goes to corp top dogs…

Think i’ll take ajw’s suggestion and look into GOA.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Sounds like the United Way for fire arms.

Jimmy Jones

Then consider how much the lobbyists cost.

Dan
    Southeast MN

And then how much for the millions in donations/bribes to candidates?

For a very long time now the NRA has essentially been an extremist political organization that stokes the fires of unrest and instability the same way some far-left organizations do as well.

In theory they’re supposed to help America’s gunowners, provide insight into range development, train instructors to teach people at the local level, etc. But as others have mentioned, the $25 and $50 membership fees and donations are just going to Wayne’s expensive travels and lobbyists donating to candidates to buy airtime for the political ads we all say we don’t like.

For those truly worried that “they” are gonna take our guns away, there’s enough extremist, polarizing politicians and 2A figureheads blasting stuff out on Twitter, various news channels, etc. all the time that you don’t need a ponzi-scheme like the NRA to lobby for you.

Gitchi Gummi

good god those are some outrageous salaries

WishIwasWiser

Yeah but used to be a pretty cool thing!
    Been working on my dads jacket from high school. 50 years of mold and mildew.

Attachments:
    1. 6CD0DE94-4F5D-46BC-AA23-D32060DB1AAC-scaled.jpeg

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Sounds like the United Way for fire arms.

Yeah perfect comparison!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Pretty sad how far from the original intent of the NRA has strayed . Also belonged for years , until the tactics to get me to reup became just to much.

grpubl7
    Central WI

A few years back the NRA pulled funding for the one rifle team that they supported since 1876. It’s a 16 shooter International team with a head coach, captain, 4 line coaches and an armorer. It was claimed that the NRA put $250K into the team for every 4 cycle. That sport is dying a slow death now.

At the “US National Matches” last year, the NRA fielded a whopping 81 shooters. These are the preeminent Highpower Long-Range matches in the country, held at Camp Atterbury IN. In year 2000, there were 578 shooters. NRA couldn’t give 2 shizz about competitive shooters. They put all of their thrust into Friends Of NRA and bringing in big bucks for the organization.

deertracker

For the Organization? You mean their pockets…
    DT

grpubl7
    Central WI

For the Organization? You mean their pockets…
    DT

It would seem so because they put minimal effort into competitive shooting and there has been less and less every year. They put nothing into junior shooting and the one junior team match that was held at the US Nationals has dwindled to nothing. For instance…..

In year 2000 there were (96) 2-man junior teams firing The Whistler Boy Team Match. This is a historic match that began when God first made dirt. In 2019, there were exactly TWO teams that fired the event. They have not fired the match since. Great work NRA…….

The entire point was to get juniors shooting!!!

Michael Best

Let’s not forget their push on crossbow inclusion into archery seasons.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve never seen an organization crash and burn the way the NRA has.

Anyone saying anything that could even remotely be considered criticism of Wayne the Allmighty back 5 years ago would have been run out of town on a rail.

My gun club used to require NRA membership. Suddenly that got dropped.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im surprised they even had an opinion on archery season. You’re proposing thats a bad thing?

ajw

Lol, wut?

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael Best wrote:</div>

Im surprised they even had an opinion on archery season. You’re proposing thats a bad thing?

The selfish side of me says yes that was a bad decision. I would have preferred a gun organization stay out of archery issues.

Crowding on public land in NW Ne is insane now days the first week of season. The majority of the guys you see in the field are carrying crossbows during that week.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Im surprised they even had an opinion on archery season.

I am too. Legalizing crossbows for the general public during archery season is a completely different topic that really should have no connection to the NRA.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its really sad to see what they have become. There was a time when they really did do a lot of good things to help Gun owners. Sadly like other organizations, greed and $ started to come more into play. I do believe without some organization like the NRA was during the early years, more and more gun rights will slowly be taken away. I may have to do a little research into the GOA

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

The selfish side of me says yes that was a bad decision. I would have preferred a gun organization stay out of archery issues.

Crowding on public land in NW Ne is insane now days the first week of season. The majority of the guys you see in the field are carrying crossbows during that week.

I could understand that for sure. I know you still seemed to have a hell of a season but I wasnt sure if you were on public or private. I could understand from a public land perspective adding more pressure to a season.

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael Best wrote:</div>

I could understand that for sure. I know you still seemed to have a hell of a season but I wasnt sure if you were on public or private. I could understand from a public land perspective adding more pressure to a season.

I would say 60% of my whitetail hunting is on private ground.
    However all of the antelope and mule deer hunting I do in Ne is on public.

That is why the whole crossbow inclusion issue has me torn. On private land it’s great but on public ground it aids in crowding.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.