Not so funny forecast

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

They are talking about up to 14″ of snow up here Thursday night into Friday. While some of this is weather terrorism I sure hope we don’t get that much this early. It was in the 70’s early last week. Wind chill is 19 degrees this morning.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

That’s wild. I agree too early for that. Too far out to put much faith in that forecast but you never know.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Better up there then down here.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Im hoping for a good ole fashioned snowy Thanksgiving weekend.

B-man
    Participant

Im hoping for a good ole fashioned snowy Thanksgiving weekend.

Yep hoping for a snowy WI Gun Season waytogo

I look forward to opening day more than any day of the year…..It’s like Christmas…..With guns!

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

We need snow to help with the drought. Hope the forecast is on the low-end

jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

I hope it gets cold as heck and snows 2 feet anyplace north of I90… push every duck and goose down here while the season is still on! I perfect fall would be Ice fishing with snowmobiles only in SW MN by Nov 10h and 40 degree days with bright sunshine and light winds 6-12 MPH here in NW Iowa and NE Neb.

jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

In all seriousness, Stay safe Dutchy… that would suck to deal with that much snow right out of the gate this early in the year.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Sheesh, I just saw one of the models painting over 2 feet of snow in a line from Northern South Dakota through northern MN.

Wildlifeguy
    Participant

Was doing a lot little long range looking for early ice Red Lake. Don’t recall ever seeing a forecast of 1-2 feet before. I thought it was a glitch.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Stay safe Dutchboy ! I hope they are wrong especially this far in advance and I know they could miss it and it turns out worse, time to find a snowmobile !!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m pretty torn on the snow. The lakes really need it for the spring but I hate it for ice fishing.

Wildlifeguy
    Participant

Better now, than on a couple inches of ice.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I saw about a foot in Fargo, ND on Friday and 6 inches in Bemidji. I wouldn’t count on that based on how accurate these weather terrorists usually are. They’re just trying to scare you.

We could obviously use more moisture whether its rain or snow.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

We could obviously use more moisture whether its rain or snow.

Sounds like we could get a bit of both. Quite a bit of rain forecasted for here through Thursday then a small amount of snow.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Upwards of 3 inches of rain forecasted in the Mille Lacs area over the next couple days.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

All of a sudden its not so funny to me either. We have a couples hunting weekend lined up in Iowa this weekend and the wind and temps are going to make it challenging. I predict my wife is going to be enjoying her view from the truck a lot more than walking behind me!

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

Just another reason 2022 has sucked and I can’t wait for it to be over. I was supposed to take my son home from deer camp today and go back tomorrow to hunt the rest of the week. Now I’m heading back to get my side by side and turning around and heading back home. After getting caught in the same type of storm last year we decided to break camp before we got stuck in ace deep snow a second year.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

For fun I looked at a couple different models for I-Falls, sheesh, anywhere from 11.7 to a tad over 17 inches!
    I hope its all rain, thats a bit much for this early.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

For fun I looked at a couple different models for I-Falls, sheesh, anywhere from 11.7 to a tad over 17 inches!
    I hope its all rain, thats a bit much for this early.

Rained most of the afternoon here and is moving NE. Canada will get some snow out of this tonight.

I was headed to the SE part of Minnesota late Thursday, changing up and heading out early Thursday. Hopefully it’s done when I get back late Friday or early Saturday.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.