Not seeing other members comments

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thought there was a way of doing this I read at some point. Can’t find anything in the settings.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Not sure where that was suppose to lead me Evan. ???

Just thought there was a way to block certain peoples comments/posts from even being seen on the forums. Perhaps I am wrong on this

Evan Pheneger
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

By “not seeing others posts or comments” I thought you meant you wanted to see where they were posting or commenting and right now you “could not” find that feature. That is why I linked you to that… Now I understand it is actually the opposite you wanted ha. I’m sorry.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Who do you want to block? mrgreen

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There’s no way we as members or participants would have the ability (or power) to block what others post or comment. That would strictly be the domain of moderators and or keymasters? Even then I would think they would only do so if the poster/comment violated the forum rules. On other forums, they could and would delete offensive posts and also block those from further posting.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

On the old site, we used to be able to block certain members that we could choose… I had one that I blocked for about 6 months.. until he got kicked off. It would show that they commented, but it would say “you have blocked this user” where the comment should be… devil jester chased rotflol BK remembers who he was I am sure…. whistling

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

On the old site, we used to be able to block certain members that we could choose… I had one that I blocked for about 6 months.. until he got kicked off. It would show that they commented, but it would say “you have blocked this user” where the comment should be… devil jester chased rotflol BK remembers who he was I am sure…. whistling

Old site feature, darned. Oh well.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Say what??? Would you the member/participant be able to block their posts from being viewed by the rest of the forum readers??

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

So on the old site I was talking to myself the whole time? Who knew?

SR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Say what??? Would you the member/participant be able to block their posts from being viewed by the rest of the forum readers??

WS we could block people from our personal view. They would still post and everyone BUT the person that blocked them could see the post.

Helpful at times. )

FryDog62
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyestudent wrote:</div>

WS we could block people from our personal view. They would still post and everyone BUT the person that blocked them could see the post.

Helpful at times. )

Probably a good feature … I think my therapist would support adding this back ;)

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Probably a good feature … I think my therapist would support adding this back

rotflol rotflol

pantherpop
    Participant
    Kalispell, MT

It was a “ignore” feature. Member A could choose not to read anything member B would post even though everyone else could.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Isn’t that what eye lids are for? Seems kinda silly, no one makes you read it. If you do, then that’s on you. No wonder it’s not an option here anymore.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Isn’t that what eye lids are for? Seems kinda silly, no one makes you read it. If you do, then that’s on you. No wonder it’s not an option here anymore.

You a TV guy at all? I’m not in the least, but if I was I’d programme it as such where if I wanted to channel surf, all the stations such as the Zimbabwe station, the mung station, bible thumper, shopping, etc simply wouldn’t even show up on the screen wasting my time, as miniscule as that time may be, it still is time nonetheless.

Same theory, different platform. Have absolutely no interest, with no offense hopefully taken and not passing judgement, but if it can be passed on all the better.

A feature isn’t necessarily something that’s needed IMO, rather a small bonus, benefit. That’s all I was seeking rather than using my eyelids.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I try to post less in your threads. wink

PS good question.

Nick Cox
    Participant
    Minnesota

I am happy to look into this further, but if you are noticing consistent issues with specific users please PM me with more information.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I am happy to look into this further, but if you are noticing consistent issues with specific users please PM me with more information.

It’s not that serious at all. toast

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

BK… do you remember him ??? devil jester whistling

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

BK… do you remember him ??? devil jester whistling

Don’t worry G, I’m no longer the pot smoking hippie who lives in his parents basement anymore. waytogo coffee

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

If they ever bring that feature back I’m going to block everybody and have this site all to myself.

On a side not has anybody heard from bbk?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If they ever bring that feature back I’m going to block everybody and have this site all to myself.

Good stuff right there…

Attachments:
    1. lol.jpg

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.