Northfork Composites – Beware

• Obsession
    Maple Grove

I’ve placed orders with Northfork Composites four times in the last three years. EVERY order has arrived months late (despite multiple calls to their customer service).

This spring NFC ran a great sales price on Fuji guides. I figured they must have a good stock if they were running a sale….nope! It has been almost two months since I placed my order and its status is still “processing.” I called customer support and the rep was transparent enough to tell me that they DID NOT HAVE ANY IN STOCK WHEN THEY RAN THE SALE!!!

So, I thought others should be aware of their business practices. I would have happily paid more to get the guides in a reasonable time to build the rods for season.

Crazy…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So, they are the only ones that sell these guides? I would be dumping them and finding a different vendor.

Good luck.

tswoboda

NFC is absolutely buyer beware. I wouldn’t order anything you need sooner than 12 months and then hope for 3-6 months. They do make some dynamite blanks at pretty good prices and decent carbon grips if you like that – all made in USA. Their distribution and customer service is horrendous across the board – very well documented.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

NFC is absolutely buyer beware. I wouldn’t order anything you need sooner than 12 months and then hope for 3-6 months. They do make some dynamite blanks at pretty good prices and decent carbon grips if you like that – all made in USA. Their distribution and customer service is horrendous across the board – very well documented

I 100% agree with this statement. I have built on many of their blanks and it always takes a long time to get them. Great blanks. You just have to wait. I wouldn’t order anything from them that you can’t wait for next season to have. Months late is still on time for them.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

They did state that “if you need guides right away, then order else where.” Their pricing was for those who want to stockpile. This was why I didn’t order any, just bought some through mudhole/getbit/voodoo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.