North Dakota Ice Fishing

• tgruenke
    Participant
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

My dad and I are bouncing around some ideas of ice fishing on Devils Lake. Any suggestions on resorts? Do most of the resorts plow roads?

Thanks in advance

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

If you’re looking for one heck of a nice place, hands down Woodland Resort in Creel Bay. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, the lobby has all tackle and supplies you need and the food is excellent. The staff will put you on fish, even if you are going out on your own. All that comes with a somewhat higher price than other resorts on the lake…but you get what you pay for!

holmsvc
    Participant
    SE ND

Woodland will plow some roads in the area of the lake they fish. Woodland, Ackerman’s, and Haybale are all nice places.

Hoyt4
    Participant
    NULL

Lakeview lodge great place to stay great rooms and space. Been staying there for the last 4 years great people running it.

tgruenke
    Participant
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Woodlands does look nice. Is finding fish on your own easy with a little help from the staff?

bigstorm
    Participant
    Southern WI

The wife and I stayed at Woodland last year, our first time to Devils Lake. It was great! It was early ice and rather than hauling my ATV out there and not knowing where to go, we went with the Perch Patrol for the first day and then had Woodland take us out to one of their houses for the 2nd day. We had a blast and caught a lot of fish. We will be going back at some point within the next couple years and staying there again. That said, on the next trip, we may try to explore on our own, I just decided that for our first trip there, better to go out with a guide or to one of their houses

Brian Anderson
    Participant
    Eden Prairie, MN

went to woodlands last march, did their fish house package, fishing was ok but they did their best to keep us on fish. the lodge is amazing, great restaurant and im headed back this year with my dad the 2nd week of march and going to stay in one of their cabins this time (stayed in the motel last year) and doing the fish house package again. this year though we are bringing my dads atv and are going to try and go off on our own a little more. its an amazing place, i highly recommend it.

if you have any questions feel free to message me

-b-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.