No-till Drill

• riverrookie
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

6′ Ferminator or 5′ Genesis G3?

Anyone have personal experience with either one of these? Looking to buy 3pt model for food plots and upland native plantings.

Thanks, Jason

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

The local Pheasants Forever chapter bought an expensive Brillion seeder.
    I can’t say I was impressed. It’s really heavy. Needs a pretty good sized tractor to lift it. I decided to stick with my old grain drill.
    No even sure if anyone has actually used it in the couple years since they got it.
    No experience with the models you are looking at though.

deertracker
    Participant

I have no knowledge on them, but I’ve wanted to get one really bad. Do you follow Growing Deer TV on YouTube? He uses a Genesis.
    DT

TheCrappieFisherman
    Participant
    West Metro

IF you are set on buying ignore- like above, you could check with your local SWCD (Soil & Water Conservation District) or PF chapter to see if they rent one. Our local swcd has a 10′ no till drill with different seed boxes for CRP, alfalfa, legumes etc. It’s purpose is for larger plantings, like CRP and cover crops, can work for bigger more open food plots- that’s not typical I realize. Just a thought.

tornadochaser
    Participant

No experience with the two models you listed, but I liked the Land Pride 6′ 3point with grass seed box that we borrowed from a neighbor to re-seed some waterways. Put our food plot in with the renter’s 20′ john deer 750 no till. Went pretty quick with a drill that big. mrgreen

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Danger, shameless plug ahead.

There will be all kinds of dealers (including Midwest Monster Whitetail Products!) at the MN Deer & Turkey Expo in March out at Canterbury Park. Good chance to check out a lot of equipment, have to check the show website for specific brands.

Oh, and stop by and see your friends at Minnesota’s largest wildlife and food plot seed dealer – Midwest Monster Whitetail Products. Eagle Seeds, Real World Wildlife Products, Midwest Monster Blends, we’ll have it all. And new this year… Stay tuned.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Didn’t mean to leave you hanging, CRC.

New this year, we’ve added the Extreme Blower Products XD Food Plot Seeder/Spreader to our product line.

The Extreme Blower/Spreader turns your leaf blower into a fast and powerful spreader for seed and fertilizer. We tried this product last summer and here’s what I loved:

1. Fantastic for top-dressing growing plots with fertilizer. No need to drive over the top of the plants to use a broadcast spreader and it’s much easier and less work than a shoulder bag spreader.

I always recommend that our Brassicas Bender blend be top-dressed with Urea wehn the plants are about 12 inches high and the Extreme Blower Seeder/Spreader makes this chore fast and easy.

2. Great for seeding a secondary crop into an existing crop. I used it last fall to sow grain into my standing soybean plots to get a secondary crop growing. Fantastic! Again, I was able to seed the plots without driving the ATV over the top of the existing crop. It’s also really, really fast compared with walking the plots with a shoulder bag seeder.

3. Great for seeding larger seeds like grain, peas, soybeans, etc.

I would not recommend using it for super-fine seed like clover because the consistency and even spreading is so important with these seeds and they are hard to see as they fly. Obviously, this is a tool for small to medium-sized plots.

You can see the Extreme Blower Seeder/Spreader on our website.

Attachments:
    1. EBP_XD_OnBlower001.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Yes. Fits any blower with a 2-3/4 inch to 3 inch round style tube.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.