No luck with sudden impact

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Went out today for 6 hours running sudden impact on current seams and didn’t have a single bite. I’ve never had this issue on the Mississippi before. Anyone else experiencing stink bait not working when it should or is it just me?

Cody Meyers

It’s getting pretty close to spawn. If that’s the case it could be tough. I run more cut bait than dip bait, but there are some days it’s just tough.

What was the water temp?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Went out today for 6 hours running sudden impact on current seams and didn’t have a single bite. I’ve never had this issue on the Mississippi before. Anyone else experiencing stink bait not working when it should or is it just me?

Why are you IN a current seam when water temps are rising? I suggest the faster side of things. Channel cats are enjoying heavy current right now. Get that bait in some fast water.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

When striking out on channel catfish, focus on a variety of current strengths. Seams, Inside seam, outside seam, main current…etc. Once you find a fish, look at the current strength the fish came from…Then find more spots with that current strength.

You and BK would get along good if you like stink bait!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.