No longer surprised on how stupid people can be (hunting)

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

My family has a bunch of land so I hunt it a lot. We butt up to some land locked state land so there has never been an issue with trespassers until someone started hunting the state land. Inevitably, they started hunting 50 yards on to our property from the state land. I took their stand down, took their trail camera, neatly stacked it all up, and left a note in a plastic bag that said next time I find your stand on our property, I’m keeping everything. Didn’t have an issue with that individual again. He more than likely didn’t know where the line was, but ignorance isn’t an excuse.

I have gotten some random people on camera on an ATV a few times, and I couldn’t figure out who they were. Until one day I saw a neighbor from a couple miles down the road with the same ATV. I confronted them and said your ATV was on our property with 3 kids on it. Don’t let it happen again or we will take action. They denied it was them, but I haven’t seen them since then.

It’s super irritating when someone just helps themselves to something that isn’t theirs. We spend a lot of time & money to maintain and own the property. Certainly isn’t open for visitors without permission!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You just need to let the locals know your a crazy sum B! I feel like that’s how my buddies lands I hunt keep people off lol.

Attachments:
    1. poster840x830f8f8f8-pad1000x1000f8f8f8.jpg

MX1825

Best 2 “No Trespassing” signs I’ve seen.
    1. You’re in Range!
    2. I have a rifle and a backhoe!

27eyeguy

Sorry you have to deal with some real unethical jack holes. Hope you get them good, they have it coming. One question. Why fox urine? Pure skunk essence is much more effective.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sorry you have to deal with some real unethical jack holes. Hope you get them good, they have it coming. One question. Why fox urine? Pure skunk essence is much more effective.

Dawn fish soap cleans the oil pretty good for skunk essence. Fox urine is much worse for the long haul. Just ask the guy who I dumped it on his front driver truck seat

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Trespassing will be soaked in fox urine… there’s your no Trespassing sign ;)

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That sucks that you have to deal with that. It seems like people are getting worse and worse with regard to others’ land and property.

Random story related to idiots and hunting land:

We let some people hunt geese in a new field we just purchased by our build. I was very clear that it was just him, his wife, and the 2 other individuals I indicated (guys I know from the community and have worked with). If I saw another vehicle or person I’d come down and that would be the end of it. If they accessed the field from any place other than where I indicated that’d be the end of it too.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and my wife called me that there were 7 people in our field calling at flocks of geese. 2 were the guys from the local town who I gave permission to but they opted to bring 5 friends. I told them they had 15 minutes to get their decoys and sh** off of my field or the gear would be mine. I also called the local CO to let him know that anyone ever hunting this field from here forward would now be trespassing. He seemed to appreciate the heads up as it’s generally a great goose spot and is easy to monitor from a road nearby.

The fox urine thing sounds interesting. I highly doubt I’ll have an issue with this specific group again…but for anyone in the future it could come in handy!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That sucks that you have to deal with that. It seems like people are getting worse and worse with regard to others’ land and property.

Amen. I put a (cheap) trail cam out on some private land, right next to public in an area of the public no one ever goes, and still within a week it was gone.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I have a few cellular trail cams from Walmart, the one was $88 and included 3 months of photo uploads and somehow it works on all major carriers. I just set it to upload pictures immediately rather than 4 scheduled times to see what battery life is.
    My other one is $118 at Walmart made by stealthcam and works on Verizon or AT&T, but once you activate you are stuck with that carrier which isn’t an issue as AT&T has the best coverage in this county with 18 cellular towers

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fast forward 2 weeks, and my wife called me that there were 7 people in our field calling at flocks of geese. 2 were the guys from the local town who I gave permission to but they opted to bring 5 friends.

5 friends?! Man, you gotta wonder what someone is thinking. They have access to a good spot like that on private land, abuse it, and now lose that spot to hunt at again. C’mon people

Iowaboy1

Any test firings yet??? devil

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Fast forward 2 weeks, and my wife called me that there were 7 people in our field calling at flocks of geese. 2 were the guys from the local town who I gave permission to but they opted to bring 5 friends.

5 friends?! Man, you gotta wonder what someone is thinking. They have access to a good spot like that on private land, abuse it, and now lose that spot to hunt at again. C’mon people

Yeah, I truly don’t understand it. To me it’s just a respect/courtesy thing. It isn’t about the geese as there are literally hundreds flying over every single evening. It’s guaranteed shooting if you set up more than a handful of decoys and can use a call at all. If they would have called me (I gave them my number and told them to let me know when they are hunting), explained who they were and whatnot there’s a decent chance I would have said yes….with it being a small rural area and me likely knowing the people. Instead they just went with the “we have permission, so we will do what we want” approach.

Iowaboy1

If Randy gets into any trouble non of you including me have any idea who the hell iowaboy1 is!!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Amen. I put a (cheap) trail cam out on some private land, right next to public in an area of the public no one ever goes, and still within a week it was gone.

I had a similar problem with trail cameras in an area on private land adjacent to unused or rarely used public land. Naturally the thought turned to who was messing with my cameras. Turns out it was bears. If you search the area the camera may be on the ground nearby.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I didn’t read the thread, because I read the same one last year. My only prediction, 12 months from now this same post pops up again. Lots of bad apples your way I guess.

I hope I’m wrong.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I didn’t read the thread, because I read the same one last year. My only prediction, 12 months from now this same post pops up again. Lots of bad apples your way I guess.

I hope I’m wrong.

And that is the most frustrating part. Buddy is set up in my back plot in the redneck blind. Sent me a pic of a blind set up on my land about 100 yrds from him. This just takes all the enjoyment away

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Sent me a pic of a blind set up on my land about 100 yrds from him. This just takes all the enjoyment away

Now you know where to aim the trail camera. Any idea where these folks may be parking their vehicle. Getting a few plate numbers is never a bad thing. It would be a lead for the authorities. Seems like they have illegally dumped their junk blind on your property. Trespassing and illegal dumping.

Coletrain27

I can see it on the news already… “Wisconsin land owner is sued over giving hunter a anal probe”

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Hell i know that iowaboy guy.I got numbers,addresses.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I hope I’m wrong.

Unless they are caught and punished this will most likely happen again
    The neighbor that has the VPA should have seen the vehicle along the road at least once, it is only a 40 acre parcel so 440 yards or so of road to park along

MX1825

I’d leave a note stating where their blind went and ask them to come pick it up. When they show up politely( flame ) tell them the next time caught on your property they won’t get their equipment back and a Sheriff will be dropping off a trespassing citation.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Any updates Randy? I was really hoping for some good news that you atleast caught one of the rats. 🤞

wkw

Last Saturday I went to Wyoming on a quick business trip.
    I had just crossed the state line into Wyo. 5 miles back, when I see a pickup pulled over up ahead. As I got closer I saw 2 guys with rifles leveled on the pickup box. Third guy had a range-finder up to his eye.
    They’re aiming south across two lanes of traffic plus the road ditch. About a 1/4 mile from them I lay on the horn until I got by them.
    I think they had Pennsylvania plates.
    Too bad there was no cell service.

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.