Nightcrawlers

• Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

It’s that season again, I just woke up to take the dogs out to go potty. To my surprise nightcrawlers were every where. I picked about 300 in 15 minutes, that should last the season for us. Love when that works out.
    Well now back to bed. 4am will come quick.

B-man
    Participant

Lucky!

I live in a nightcrawler free zone, not much topsoil and pure sand that goes forever below it roll

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’m running late this morning because I couldn’t resist grabbing another gallon of them. My kid will be jealous. That’s his favorite thing to do.
    My drive way and road are covered right now.
    B Man I grew up in linwood so I know the pain. Only thing I could find there was skinks, salamanders, and sticker plants. If it rains tonight bring the boys over and come crawler hunting. And grab that trolling motor. It’s the boys, I dug it out last night

Attachments:
    1. 20230428_052652-scaled.jpg

Stanley
    Participant

They were all over the roads on my way to work this morning but unfortunately I live in sand and don’t get them at home. I got a bunch last year on Mother’s Day out at the in-laws that lasted me the season.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

The kid said he got a half of bucket full this morning before he got on the bus as well, so I should be set for sucker fishing and walleye for the entire season.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

If only minnows were as easy to catch. Would help this year.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

This weekend should be prime crawler picking weather here. 50s and light rain on and off

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

This weekend should be prime crawler picking weather here. 50s and light rain on and off

I’m going to guess the kid will be all about it tonight and I’ll let him pick until the point we have a couple crates worth in the garage fridge.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

If only minnows were as easy to catch. Would help this year.

I literally set a trap in a shopping mall pond and can fill a trap in 30 minutes…..every time.

Will trade minnows for more fishing gear waytogo

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

they were out tonight but with the river high AF and the crawler bite another few weeks away, imma let the robins fatten up before filling the bucket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.