NFA trusts

• Reef W

I want to get a suppressor some day and am wondering about the process of setting up a trust. How complicated is it to do, is a do it yourself method fine or is it worth having lawyer do it? Is there anything in particular to consider from those who have done it?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I bought my suppressors at Joe’s Sporting Goods in St. Paul and used Silencer shop for all the paperwork, including filing the F4s and One Shot trusts for each of the suppressors. I filed them back in February so still waiting for ATF approval and the tax stamps. Overall I would say it was a very simple process.

Pick a gun shop that carries the brand of suppressor you want, make sure they have a kiosk, and they’ll walk you through the process. The hardest part is the wait. doah

Reef W

Overall I would say it was a very simple process.

Thanks. I guess I have to decide what I actually want which will take the longest lol

404 ERROR
    MN

Accutac Arms in Lakeville is probably the largest NFA/Suppressor dealer in the midwest. Dillon is a great guy to work with and he carries many different suppressors.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

It takes 6 months plus for the paperwork to come through. My FFL has a class 3 so he did all my paperwork and I got my Dead Air Sandman. Oh wait, I think Minnesota and Iowa have different regulations on suppressors, sorry, nvm.

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

James, does Joes have the Silencer Shop Kiosk? According to the Silencer shop website they do not. Thanks

Ryan Scholl

buying through Silencer Central was a piece of cake.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought all my suppressors a suppressor shop and it was simple. I found a local guy now who does it all at a much better rate

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20201001_212242.jpg

2. Resized_20200815_131357.jpg

tornadochaser

How pushy were they on trying to get you to buy the Banish 30 Gold model?

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I want to get a suppressor some day and am wondering about the process of setting up a trust. How complicated is it to do, is a do it yourself method fine or is it worth having lawyer do it? Is there anything in particular to consider from those who have done it?

Getting the right lawyer to do it may keep you out of prison. You really want to have a trust done by someone in your state that knows what they are doing. I think I had my trust done in 2015 and it was about $300, most of it was done online but there was a 45 minute phone call involved with the lawyer explaining a lot of the details. If you are thinking about building your own short barreled rifle or shotgun, keep the trust name short as it will save on engraving cost

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James, does Joes have the Silencer Shop Kiosk? According to the Silencer shop website they do not. Thanks

Yes, they have a kiosk.

Ryan Scholl

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ryan Scholl wrote:</div>

How pushy were they on trying to get you to buy the Banish 30 Gold model?

Not at all. I purchased the Banish 30. We never even talked about the Gold.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.