Newer ATV Regulation in WI

• Snap

I generally dont share my opinion for this very reason…

There is exactly 0 harm in sharing your opinion. More people should.

The harm comes if you were to arm yourself and then proceed to extort and threaten otherwise peaceful people. That would make you a thug. It seems strange to me that I would have to have to explain this in words.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Just so its clear, you are referring to a Warden enforcing this law as a Thug?

Snap

Just so its clear, you are referring to a Warden enforcing this law as a Thug?

It use to be illegal for black people to sit in the front of the bus. The people who “just followed orders” and enforced those laws were mindless thugs. Don’t be mindless. Use your own brain. Think for yourself. Do what’s right, not what’s legal.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Snap,
    So in your mind if you put 2 kids on the back rack and a couple more on the front rack the CO should look the other way and mind his own business. If the CO questions you about it and writes you a ticket he is a mindless thug?
    Ok I think I understand your point of view. doah

Snap

FYI the law is 2 up, not 4 up. I understand you feel the need to exaggerate the situation in a desperate attempt to justify extorting & threatening otherwise peaceful people.

But in any case i’ve see 4 up riders that weren’t doing anything dangerous. At all. In that case i’d expect him to act like a normal, rational, freedom loving, non-sociopath and mind his own business. Yes.

isu22andy

Found this out yesterday fishing the border waters in Wisconsin . Officer was cool about it for sure but there ain’t nothing safe about pulling someone in a jet sled with 4 foot of rope hooked to an ATV with a ball hitch .

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I agree it sucks. Even more for responsible people who just want to fish. There is a huge difference in the way a 1 up ATV with 2 people handles vs a 2 up ATV with 2 people. Every non 2up ATV I have seen has a sticker on it saying no passengers. Now we have a law so “thugs” can enforce recommendations set by others because people didn’t follow the original suggestion and got hurt. Debating the merits and effectiveness of policies put in place by the current administration is a healthy, useful way to bring about change. Degrading the people who represent these laws is a lack of respect to the country. This law was not created to raise money. It was passed to help protect people.(mainly idiots from them self like 90% of laws) I don’t like it, willing to accept it, and am looking for a 2 up ATV. I can see how some people may get very upset about having an extra 12” in-between them and their passenger. Not having my buddies breath on the back of my neck while I drive around will make me want to call people names.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Snap, You are way out of line and an embarrassment to most outdoors people. None of what you say is anywhere near the truth. Most likely you’re the typical law breaker that does as he pleases and damn everyone else.

X2

I did talk with a very nice local warden who fully agreed with the safety aspect of the intent of the law…. also said he and others he knew would use the enforcement based on common sense. Kids racing around trails, adults with kids doing the same… and that includes on the ice. Common sense very low speed travel from point A to b, they would be looking the other way as they are not out to mess with good safe people. They do need the law to protect idiots from themselves and others.

Gitchi Gummi

I agree it sucks. Even more for responsible people who just want to fish. There is a huge difference in the way a 1 up ATV with 2 people handles vs a 2 up ATV with 2 people. Every non 2up ATV I have seen has a sticker on it saying no passengers. Now we have a law so “thugs” can enforce recommendations set by others because people didn’t follow the original suggestion and got hurt. Debating the merits and effectiveness of policies put in place by the current administration is a healthy, useful way to bring about change. Degrading the people who represent these laws is a lack of respect to the country. This law was not created to raise money. It was passed to help protect people.(mainly idiots from them self like 90% of laws) I don’t like it, willing to accept it, and am looking for a 2 up ATV. I can see how some people may get very upset about having an extra 12” in-between them and their passenger. Not having my buddies breath on the back of my neck while I drive around will make me want to call people names.

very well said Rodwork

pass0047
    Pool4

Had a friend recieve a warning for having someone riding on his atv front rack at low speed on Lake Pepin a couple weeks ago. Warden said he will be ticketed next time so I think all wardens will be using their personal judgment on who to enforce this law with.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Badly written law . I have a buddy seat that bolts to the rack on my 700 Grizzly. I m 65 wife is 74 ? Now she has to ride on the sled ? Don,t think so ! What’s next ? Ride 2up on your own property and get a ticket ? I call BS on a poorly written law .

isu22andy

I totally understand on trails , however there is nothing that makes pulling someone in a shitty plastic sled on the ice more safe than hopping on the rear rack and riding butt to nut .

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

I’m very happy they are protecting me from MYSELF!!

castle-rock-clown

I’m very happy they are protecting me from MYSELF!!

they don’t give a rats a$$ about your safety. It’s just a revenue generator and a way to initiate engagement to see what they can additionally fine for. $$$$$$.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.