New tranx

• Sam
    Participant
    St.Francis

What has anyone tested out the new 400 sized tranx I’m about to pull the trigger but want to hear about some eoples experiences with it first

Allan Davis
    Participant
    Carlton, MN

Haven’t fished one yet but they feel nice in hand a little heavy but they have all the great features that the big tranx do for 200 off. I would pull the trigger if I wasn’t in love with my Abu Garcia’s. You won’t be disappointed I am sure.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

Haven’t used one live yet, but have played with them and will be buying a 400 in each speed shortly.

Keep in mind that this is really a replacement for the Curado 300 and it will not perform the same as the Tranx 500 in a smaller package. And the only difference between the Tranx 300 and Tranx 400 is spool width/capacity.

The Curado 300 was an incredible muskie reel in its own right: fast, easy to hold, and bombproof…so upgrading the features with their new technology and adding an even higher speed version for the Tranx 300/400 should make for an incredibly nice reel for jerkbaits, rubber, topwaters, and burning small blades. I don’t see it being a “smaller” answer than the Tranx 500 for big bucktails, as there’s just no getting around the physics of line/crank. These new reels have high line/crank accomplished with high gear ratios, so hard-pulling baits will still be tough. Everything else though? Game on.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Any update on what people think about the 400 tranx after using one?

bradl110
    Participant

Any update on what people think about the 400 tranx after using one?

Low 400 low gear ratio is amazing for slow rolling big blades.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

I got the high-speed 400…and it’s immediately become my favorite multi-use reel. Works great for big rubber, heavy jerks, topwater, and small blades. I still prefer the Tranx 500 for big blades, and I grab my Curado 300 for small jerkbaits or walk-the-dog topwater as it’s a touch easier to work those baits.
    The only complaint on the Tranx 400 is the drag star has a tendency to loosen up on its own over time while casting. I’ve read other people having the same experience, so seems to be a slight issue. I check and tighten mine regularly.
    Overall, highly recommended!

Kong
    Participant

I love both the new 400 and 300 size Tranx. You have the ability to palm these smaller reels unlike the 500 size which now makes the Tranx series perfect for the entire gamete of the muskie market.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.