new to trapping

• goosehunter
    Participant

my grandpa was a trapper and all of his stories about it kinda makes me want to get into it, i plan on taking the online trapping education course and with any luck ill be trapping by next year. ill be trapping primary for coon since they seam to be everywhere so i was wondering if any of you had any tips for me. Thanks

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Corn + water = coon. Most of the time. Coon can be very easy and sometimes a royal pain. Find the travel routes, understand their eating habits….corn, grapes, frogs and so on. Then bait according.

Don’t know where your at. Wi offers both the classes and online. I recommend the in person class. You get more out of it with everyone asking questions. As for here, no dumb questions..ask all/everything you want.

This year I’m doing very little because of other obligations. But I’ve been at it for almost 35 years. Go back through old posts. I have some good pelt info and drowning rigs illustrated

erick
    Participant
    Grand Meadow, MN

It is an addiction like no other. I tinkered in high school with it and now I am wide open into it. Just pulled my 41,42, and 43rd coon of the year this morning on my check. With the lower prices I have now got into finishing all my fur and it is a fun little hobby but a lot of work do not get me wrong!

Attachments:
    1. 1st-check-20141.jpg

2. 2014-3.jpg

3. 2014-5.jpg

4. wood-stove.jpg

5. 2014-1.jpg

6. 1st-check-2014.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.