new rod choice

• Clarence Chapman

for the Price you are looking at I would say Fenwick. Watch in the spring a place like Reeds runs a sale on them and mark them down where if you buy the Rod the reel is free. I just got another HMG fenwick half off during the Pure fishing sale for 60 dollars so that was a great deal.

Well that sounds like a hell of a deal!!!! Maybe I will just hold off then.
    Thanks

dbright
    Cambridge

Not sure how big of jigging raps you plan on using but I prefer a medium xf for blades/ripping raps and a ml for jigging. I have bought a few different diawas the last 2 years and like all of them so far.

mojo

I know the Fenwick HMG is not an inexpensive rod, but they are one of the best value freshwater spinning rods available in my opinion. After hours of comparing, the HMG feels every bit as good as rods costing double. To me, the lifetime warranty makes them easily worth the extra $20 or so over the HMX.
    Reeds has the HMG/Pflueger President combo for $129 right now, but I think the HMG is worthy of a better reel than the standard President.
    No guarantee, but I would bet that HMG rods will be on sale for $99 at many retailers between now and May 1st – perhaps less at a select few retailers.

https://www.reedssports.com/fishing/fenwick-hmg-spinning-rod-7ft-medium-light-fast-with-pflueger-president-spinning-reel

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Reeds has the HMG/Pflueger President combo for $129 right now, but I think the HMG is worthy of a better reel than the standard President.

These were my first combo’s bought specific for walleye when I got into chasing them around. I still use them today for slip bobber rods, only because I have moved on to Loomis and Croix for most other applications. Would have zero problem going back to using those for primary feel rods again, great rod and reel. The president is an awesome reel although a bit on the heavy side.

Umy
    South Metro

Agree with Mojo and John
    Great set ups for the price. I have two

LabDaddy1

I like fenwick HMG’s for the price. Have a 7’ med-light fast action that is my favorite multi-purpose river walleye rod.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

ML Eyecon 7′

Tlazer

Just bought 2 Fenwick Walleye Elite Tech spinning rods today. Got them at L&M for $65 each. They were 1/2 price. Hope they are good rods. Looked like Fenwick got good reviews on here, now just have to wait for the ice to melt.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just bought 2 Fenwick <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Walleye Elite Tech spinning rods today. Got them at L&M for $65 each. They were 1/2 price. Hope they are good rods. Looked like Fenwick got good reviews on here, now just have to wait for the ice to melt.

I have a couple of the Elite Techs, they are as nice of a rod as the HMG and claim a better blank I think, the only thing I did not car for was the super thick cork on the handles, it just felt wrong. Maybe it is just me and hope you love the rods. Either way for that price you stole them!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.