New personal best

• Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Just got home from a fantastic Antelope hunt in Montana. I was able to take a very large pronghorn that will make the Boon and Crockett record book. His green score by the taxidermist was 86. He also has a second prong on his right horn, not sure how that effects the score. We scored it without adding or subtracting the extra prong. Have to wait 60 days to certify the official score. Great weather and one for the wall. Horns were 16 7/8″, base was very thick.

Attachments:
    1. image-13.jpeg

Iowaboy1

What?? no snow to trudge through?? what kind of hunting is that?? lol
    great looking critter!! you will have to put up some pics when its on the wall.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Great Goat! I am jealous… good eats too

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Sweet buck!!! Congrats!

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Congrats on the awesome goat, what a toad. As long as the second prong doesn’t affect the 2nd circumference measurement you should be fine. Hell of a goat regardless of the overall score.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Beautiful pronghorn.

Would love to hear the whole story. How many days hunting, spot/stalk or blind, etc.

Nice work, an excellent animal for sure.

Grouse

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Beautiful pronghorn.

Would love to hear the whole story. How many days hunting, spot/stalk or blind, etc.

Nice work, an excellent animal for sure.

Grouse

Unfortunately the whole story isn’t very cool. Unlike other trophy’s I’ve taken this one came easy. It was the first day of the hunt, early afternoon since it rained in the morning. We stopped at the ranch to talk to the owner about meeting for supper when he was done loading cattle and then went towards the back of the ranch where he said a big one was spotted a few days earlier. About two hours of F150 spot and stalk we saw this goat (not the big one which we did see two days later) bedded down about 80 yards away. A very easy shot. I think he was sexually exhausted as he just stared at me as I set up for the shot. Not that I’m not happy and proud of this animal as you know shooting a running Antelope isn’t easy. It was just my day and my time for a easy one. I doubt I will be this lucky 3 weeks from now when we go back for Mule Deer.
    P.s. The big one is out there waiting for us next year, very wide and heavy horns. Fingers crossed we get a tag.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.