New Hudson Boat Docks – Stay in Year Round?

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Was surprised when they put the new Hudson Docks in the water in mid October. Figured they would need to pull them out again by early November. Was even more surprised when I drove by last week and they were still in and ice was already formed around them. I sent an email to the Parks Department and the mayor. They replied right away and said the new dock systems are designed to stay in year round and will rise/fall with the river levels. Other than the docks at the marinas, I’m not aware of other docks staying in the water year round. I would think the ice movements would raise heck with the dock poles. Any thoughts on how long they will last?

I will give the city credit for the improvements made to the launch. Between the raised elevation of the launch, room to launch 4 boats at the same, and some additional parking, we finally have a decent launch in Hudson. It will be great when the landing gets built under the new Stillwater bridge.

Attachments:
    1. hudson-docks.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would think as long as there isn’t a lot of currant in the area they should be ok. It’s the big moving icebergs that cause problems.

Nice looking set-up for you guys down there. Are they charging a launch fee per launch or a seasonal pass or is it free?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Nice looking set-up for you guys down there. Are they charging a launch fee per launch or a seasonal pass or is it free?

They will be charging. They have a daily (8.00/12.00) or seasonal rate (80.00/120.00 I think). They said they are still working on installing the pay system. I’m hoping it will be similar to the Bluffs pay system. It is great to just put it on a credit card.

LabDaddy1

I’m hoping it will be similar to the Bluffs pay system. It is great to just put it on a credit card.

Agreed and I’m sure it will be.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Not much current in that area. Hope the docks don’t get messed up from the ice. I know the project was delayed, but the results look like it was worth the wait.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Docks in the kinni narrows seem to survive each year, and along shorelines above confluence in Prescott
    . So id think that one in backwater should be OK

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

It will be great when the landing gets built under the new Stillwater bridge

Don’t think that’s going to happen. The power plant is being torn down starting next year I believe to make room for a county park with a rather large boat ramp. So it’s going to be a while for a new boat ramp. The power plant was donated to mn so we get to clean it up

Side note; the rail road wouldn’t give up the rights to cross the railroad for that previous location.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How are they going to replace the lost energy generation? Hint-they aren’t unless you count solar and unicorn farts.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

How are they going to replace the lost energy generation? Hint-they aren’t unless you count solar and unicorn farts.

rotflol

deertracker

How many Unicorn farts are in a watt?

Nice looking dock/ramp system. waytogo
    DT

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

How many Unicorn farts are in a watt?

or solar farts…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.