New Garmin Stryker plus

• Tom Anderson
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

Ok so a couple weeks ago I posted about the Garmin 93sv and I decided I would give one a try. Now I see Garmin just came out with the Stryker plus in a 9” screen. Can anyone tell me what the differences are in these 2 units? Which one would be better? I don’t really get the whole wi-fi thing.?.?

mojogunter
    Participant

You can link a phone or a tablet to it and control the unit via wifi

catnip
    Participant
    south metro

The difference between the striker units and the echomap units is the striker has no maps loaded in it and I believe no sd slot to add them. But the new striker units have quick draw so you can at least make your own Instead of just tracking lines and waypoints.

Tom Anderson
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

The quality of side view and sonar should be the same between the two?

catnip
    Participant
    south metro

I dont know? You would hafta compair specs for transducer, screen and prossesser speed. If the striker had the quick draw feature when i bought my 73sv i would have gone with a bigger striker instead.

Jamin
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Also, 7″ and 9″ models of the “plus” series are touch screen.

Danny Thompson
    Participant
    Minnesota

EchoMap units have Garmins LakeVu Maps PreLoaded into them…that is the main difference. Quick release bracket, SD Card Slot, now with the PLUS models touch Screen in the 7 and 9 is also what makes them great.

Striker units are fishfinders NO mapping and can not have maps loaded later. However in the new PLUS models you can do quickdraw and download quick draw with the new active captain app.

Tom Anderson
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

Thank you for clearing that up Danny!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.