New for NE

• Hoyt4
    NULL

New changes next spring following changes to deer this fall also.

Commissioners approve changes to wild turkey seasons for 2023
    Jerry Kane August 31, 2022 Comments Offon Commissioners approve changes to wild turkey seasons for 2023

The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission approved recommendations for 2023 wild turkey hunting seasons at its Aug. 31 meeting at Fort Robinson State Park near Crawford.

The changes to orders for the 2023 turkey season are:

Limit all hunters to two spring permits; during the meeting, commissioners amended the recommendation to allow nonresidents up to two permits.
    Limit the number of spring permits available to nonresidents to 10,000;
    Amend the daily bag limit to allow a hunter to harvest no more than one turkey per calendar day during the spring season;
    Shorten the fall season to Oct. 1-Nov. 30;
    Limit all hunters to one permit in the fall season;
    Lower the bag limit to one for all hunters in the fall season;

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Im all in favor for it. They have something special down there with the turkeys. Absolutely no one needs to kill 3 turkeys, I believe residents could kill up to 7 in a calendar year.

We didn’t notice and decline in numbers this year, but nest predation seems to be an increasing issue. Can’t wait to get back.

Hoyt4
    NULL

A couple farms we hunt are showing decline. Then two other farms we hunt a little further from camp do not show any decline. It’s a great place to get kids and new hunters out. I’m there in the spring and fall. My favorite place to be .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.