New Fishing Venture

• mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I didn’t post about this before because I did not want to take away from IDO’s audience during the time the show was active. If the mods deem this as not kosher feel free to take down the post. I have started working for Jason Mitchell editing content for a new fishing platform called Virtual Angling. We started it a little over a year ago and has daily content from professional anglers that is heavy on walleye but has a lot of panfish, bass, and other species included. It also has some of the most up to date fishing reports on the web, all of which are submitted weekly by professional fishing guides from around the Midwest.

It is a subscription based platform, however there is free content as well, (you can use code “CATCHMORE” to take 20% off membership). What that allows us to do is not get tied down by sponsors. Meaning we can do content on any brand fishing equipment, boats, tackle, etc and not feel pressured by sponsor obligations. We can also use anglers with any brand affiliations. We started a little over a year ago. We are doing a live seminar coming up with Mille Lacs guide Matt Klug and Clear Lake Guide Kevan Paul on Summer walleye tactics on June 7th and you can ask questions during the event as well.

We are constantly growing and improving but I’d really appreciate it if you’d give it a look. Again, if the mods or James aren’t cool with this post, please take it down. Thanks guys.

http://www.virtualangling.com or download the app in the app store.

Attachments:
    1. image1-scaled.jpg

2. image0-scaled.jpg

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

It would be great if I didn’t have to join to read or listen.

Youbetcha
    Participant
    Anoka County

Lots of info from just scratching the surface! Saw theres even some musky info

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lots of info from just scratching the surface. Might need some archery whitetail content for fall waytogo

jester

Youbetcha
    Participant
    Anoka County

You grabbed that before I changed it. Forgot it was called virtual angling doah

grubson
    Participant
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Is this along the same lines as Tom Boley’s Walleye Now App? Seems very similar.
    I’ll have a hard time paying for fishing info/ content when there’s a never ending stream of free fishing info/content on you tube already. I will check it out though.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Is this along the same lines as Tom Boley’s <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Walleye Now App? Seems very similar.
    I’ll have a hard time paying for fishing info/ content when there’s a never ending stream of free fishing info/content on you tube already. I will check it out though.

It is similar with the exception of it’s not Tom Boley and there are many anglers involved in the content and with that comes more variety. And the fishing reports, and live seminars, and a decent amount of free content as well.

PS: I have nothing against Tom Boley.

slough
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grubson wrote:</div>
    Is this along the same lines as Tom Boley’s <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Walleye Now App? Seems very similar.

It is similar with the exception of it’s not Tom Boley and there are many anglers involved in the content and with that comes more variety. And the fishing reports, and live seminars, and a decent amount of free content as well.

PS: I have nothing against Tom Boley.

Is it similar in that every video includes INSANE or EPIC or CRUSHING in the title? Just joking around toast

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Is it similar in that every video includes INSANE or EPIC or CRUSHING in the title? Just joking around toast

HA! Definitely not. This is not youtube.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

To give an idea of how the reports are, in the last week, I’ve uploaded reports from the Fox River (Musky), Hayward WI, Northern WI, Leech Lake, Twin Cities Metro, Rainy River, LOTW, Alexandria MN, Door Co WI, Sakakawea, Black Hills and Mille Lacs.

All from guides.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Congrats to you. I didn’t even know you did stuff like that. Very cool you were able to get connected to a “name” angler like Jason.

It’s not really anything I’ll be interested in but I might pop in from time to time.

BTW, I don’t expect less Twins talk from you because of this. jester

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Congrats to you. I didn’t even know you did stuff like that. Very cool you were able to get connected to a “name” angler like Jason.

It’s not really anything I’ll be interested in but I might pop in from time to time.

BTW, I don’t expect less Twins talk from you because of this. jester

I feel very lucky to get the opportunity. He’s a great guy to work with. And yes, I’ll always run my mouth about the Twins.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Again, if the mods or James aren’t cool with this post, please take it down.

All good on this end. I wish you guys all due success.

AK Guy
    Participant

Great content on the site. Keeping reports timely will make it relevant. I honestly don’t know how full time guides have the time to tend to their clients, run their business, type and record videos, be involved in social media, and still get sleep to do it all over again the next day. Mix in kids and a wife and there aren’t enough hours in the day.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Keeping reports timely will make it relevant.

That’s definitely the goal. I’ve got about 20 guides from different areas sending me reports every week or two weeks so they stay pretty fresh. They come in over the ice season as well. I’m always working on adding new lakes and rivers.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Good for you. I took a quick look and will probably sign up later. The prices seemed reasonable.

Greenhorn
    Participant
    Bismarck, ND

Mike Peluso (guides on Missouri River, Sakakawea, and Devils Lake) posts his reports on his website. Could you just copy his reports and put them on your website?

Home

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Good for you. I took a quick look and will probably sign up later. The prices seemed reasonable.

x2 Good looking site.

Jason
    Participant

Just curious, is this a full time gig for you or does it only take you a few hours a week to gather all the reports and edit the info?
    Sounds like a fun opportunity either way… Good luck!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Just curious, is this a full time gig for you or does it only take you a few hours a week to gather all the reports and edit the info?
    Sounds like a fun opportunity either way… Good luck!

I am part time. I edit about half of the video and written content and contribute to some of the bass content as that’s what I feel I’m knowledgeable enough to contribute any real opinions on. jester

As for Mike Peluso, he has done a few reports for us. He’s a very busy guy. Always happy to have reports from him and the other guys we have for that area.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

There is a really good walleye livestream happening tomorrow night on the Virtual Angling site at 7 pm with Matt Klug (Mille Lacs guide) and Kevan Paul (Clear Lake, IA guide).

It is usually for members only (I know, don’t shoot the messenger) but this livestream is FREE FOR ANYONE TO WATCH! You will be able to watch and ask questions during the livestream. And if you sign up at the link below they will send you a code for 40% off the membership.

http://www.virtualangling.com/seasonal-walleye-seminar

Just getting the word out there.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

We are going to do this livestream for FREE. So anyone can watch and ask questions! 7pm tonight!

You can still get that deal on membership if you’d like also, but the livestream tonight is free!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.