Networking HDS Live with Gen3’s

• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Has anyone networked a Live unit with Gen 3 units? Will it share sonar?

Anyone have a Gen3 they are looking to sell? Let me know.

Thanks

bclii
    MN/AZ

It going to put your live unit in a legacy mode! Networking with an undated Carbon will work!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

It going to put your live unit in a legacy mode! Networking with an undated Carbon will work!

Damn!

Thanks for the reply

Phil Ames

You should really check that with Lowrance. I have an HDS Live 12 on my dash and a HDS gen2 9m on the dash beside it for GPS, and a Gen 2 HDS 9 sonar on the front on my US2 transducer on my Ulterra, and they all communicate just fine. I would think a Gen 3 would work as well if not better.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

This is actually not true…

The HDS Live will work fine as long as it is a gen 3 touch. It will share sonar AND 3 in 1. But I would use the Gen 3 for mapping and 2D and not side imaging. The processor cannot keep up.

Its a Gen 2 touch and older that causes a Live unit to go into Legacy mode.

I have done what the OP is trying to do and had no problems other than side scan being laggy on the Gen 3 but that should be expected.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bclii wrote:</div>

This is actually not true…

The HDS Live will work fine as long as it is a gen 3 touch. It will share sonar AND 3 in 1. But I would use the Gen 3 for mapping and 2D and not side imaging. The processor cannot keep up.

Its a Gen 2 touch and older that causes a Live unit to go into Legacy mode.

I have done what the OP is trying to do and had no problems other than side scan being laggy on the Gen 3 but that should be expected.

This is correct, as long as the Gen 3 unit is running the latest software, it will share 2D, SI, DI, and mapping. BUT, you’re best to use the Gen 3 as the secondary or “slave” unit, because like was said, it’s doesn’t have the computing power to keep up.

Be aware that once you update the Gen 3 to the latest software, it will no longer play nice with any older models.

Waxy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.