I couldn’t find by bow light…but

• mb376
    Participant
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I headed out this afternoon about 2:30 hoping to find some fish and then troll into the night. Well come dark I couldn’t find my bow light so I had to go home , but I didn’t do to bad at the finding fish part.

It was hot right before sunset as most of them came fast and furious. I probably would have caught more had I not paused for pictures. I was flying solo but I got better at the pictures after the first couple.

They were all caught trolling some on flat lines, some on lead core I was running one of each. Only about 10 foot down over 12-18 ft of water on structure. I caught them all on chartreuse pearl flicker shads and I did try other things. 1.5 mph, but the key was hand holding one rod and pumping it. I caught all but one with the rod hand held. I would wait until I saw them on the finder and then pick up the rod, begin pumping, and wait.

I would have liked to try to pick up a pig after dark, but oh well.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Quote:

I would have liked to try to pick up a pig after dark, but oh well.

Hey man, ya gotta start somewhere….

The important thing is you were out there, and you figured out the keys to getting them in the boat. Nicely done.

joe-bauman
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Hey, nice camera work!

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Good work on some dandy fish. Thanks for the great details in your report. This great weather sure has helped the hard core fishermen get their open water fixes. I’m looking forward to my next trip this weekend.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Better do some night trolling Ben, you’ll have an extra hour to do it.

mb376
    Participant
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Good luck Ben, and nice theory Brian. I couldn’t help but go a few hours on Sunday before putting the boat up for winter. I didn’t find the eyes on Sunday, I found a couple schools of whites and crappies and caught a few of those, but no eyes. I was not seeing the bigger hooks on the finder either. I should have went looking for them but I was short on time. The air temp was 10-15 degrees cooler and the water temp dropped about 1 degree. Sunday toward evening I was the only boat on the lake!!!!!!!!!

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Ya, figured I’d throw that theory out there. Just wish I could put it to use. Instead I’ll be spending 13 hrs at work instead of 12. Rage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.