A good day on whites

• mb376
    Participant
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Honestly the walleye have been pretty fickle for me so far this year. I decided with my ten year old son along we would be better served to target whites or crappies. We found some suspended fish in about 20 foot of water. It didn’t take long to pull up the first white on a jig and a minnow. My son isn’t the best at jigging yet (we are working on it) and he asked me if we could troll (he knows I let him reel them in). It didn’t take long to figure out 2 colors of lead and a rapala flat rap is what the whites really wanted. Whenever we crossed over a point we got ready, we had several doubles and one triple. We did catch some on flatlines trolling various cranks at the same depth but the shorties out the back definitely boated the most fish. Over 30 fish later my son should have had sore arms. He also caught his first walleye this year, a short but hey you have to start somewhere.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures on the water. I took some with my cell phone but I can’t seem to get them to upload to my computer.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

nice catch looks like a great day on the water

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Not bad at all. Care to share what region of the state you were fishing?

mb376
    Participant
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Quote:

Not bad at all. Care to share what region of the state you were fishing?

Sure, central region. ONLY 3 boats on the whole lake on Saturday afternoon.

tony_apisa
    Participant
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Quote:

Over 30 fish later my son should have had sore arms. He also caught his first walleye this year, a short but hey you have to start somewhere.

Nice job. So who fillet all those Whities?

mb376
    Participant
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Quote:

Nice job. So who fillet all those Whities?

Who do you think? He helped for about 5 minutes. We need to work on that too.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great catch guys!! Catching piles of white like that are some of my favorite memories of fishing as a kid. Great job!

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Quote:

ONLY 3 boats on the whole lake on Saturday afternoon.

Hmmm…I wonder if you were on the same lake I was on Saturday…it was great! And we did pretty well too.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Way to get the youngster out on the water!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.