Talk about bad luck

• chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

I am taking my son to the waubay area in South Dakota. It is his first big spring trip with me and papa. He is so excited to go! Yesterday at his baseball game, he stole third base. He slid into it and his foot caught under the bag and the kid playing third also landed on it. He was in a lot of pain, so I took him in and he broke his foot and a growth plate. Nice start to his summer break. The only good news is the doctor said he can still go on the trip. He’ll have to sit and elevate his foot in the boat. I’m a little worried but he’s determined to go. We will be in the area for a full week. If anyone is in the area and would like to fish with us, send me a PM. Any advice would be great also. Thanks!!

PS – He was safe at the bag!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

He was safe at the bag!

Atta Boy!

As for the foot….

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Man, that’s wild!

Have a good and safe trip guys. Looking forward to hearing about it.

baldwin4
    Participant
    NE IA

Sorry to hear about the ankle, but kids are tuff He will still have a good time

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

I hope this isn’t a sign, but the bad luck continues. It’s been a crazy day. First, my father-in-law left his house this morning and something broke on his topper of the pickup. Took him an hour to fix it. At Lincoln he blew a trailer tire. Put the spare on and continued to Gretna. We searched everywhere in Omaha for a tire but most places were closed. We found a jensen tire with a few cars in front, we stopped and walked in the building. It was actually closed and the alarms went off – 911 called They must have been in a hurry to get out for the holidays and left the doors unlocked. We finally found a set of tires at wally world and let me tell you, that place is like watching a bunch of circus clowns. Finally got home and put the tires on and noticed damage to the fender. Pounded it out with a hammer and then we noticed the tire must have ripped the license plate off when it blew Then I figured I’d better mow the lawn before the trip and my mower wouldn’t start. same problem I had 3 weeks ago and paid 200 dollars to get fixed So we haven’t even left home yet and it’s been crazy. Hopefully when we leave tomorrow, our luck will change.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Dang Chad. I sure hope you guys have a good trip. Can’t wait to hear the report when you get back.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

WOW I hope their luck changes!

Was on the phone briefly with Chad last night, and he said they almost made it up there and one of Tom’s NEW tires blew out! Damn! I told him it was like I was with them, with all that bad luck. Supposed to have some nice weather tomorrow and Thur up there, so here’s to things turnin around for em!

hunter_aug
    Participant
    Holdrege, Ne

Sorry to here about the bad luck Chad. Sometimes if it wern’t for bad luck we wouldn’t have luck at all . Hope the fishing is making up for it. Can’t wait to see the report.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.