Wehrspann 4/28/09 Report

• chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Went to Wehrspann Lake this morning before work. Put the boat in and instead of motoring across the lake, I decided to try the rocky point right next to the ramp. On the third cast of the day, I hooked into this monster bass. It measured 23 inches and I’m not sure of the weight. Caught it on a black and silver tube jig. I also caught a few crappies including one that was 13 inches which is the biggest one I’ve ever seen on that lake. To top it off, we also caught 2 Walleyes. Both were short but it was nice to hook into some.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

That’s a beauty Chad! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

How many times are you going to make me say this this year, Chad?!? So……you da MAN!!

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great job Chad. One of these days we’ll have to meet up at BO.

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Great job Chad. One of these days we’ll have to meet up at BO.

Definitely! Weekdays work best for me. I have some vacation I need to use. My kids all have ball games now so my weekends are pretty occupied until the end of June.

Husker26
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Awesome fish! Congrats! 13″ crappie out of Wehrspahn It must have been lost

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Do you have a picture of the crappie Chad

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Do you have a picture of the crappie Chad

Didn’t take a picture of that one. I should have! I have heard srories about people catching big Crappies out of that lake but this is my first Crappie that I’ve caught out of that lake over 11 inches. In fact, I probably fish that lake 2-3 times a week and rarely catch one over 10 inches. I’d be willing to bet that the people that post messages saying they caught a limit of Crappies on Wehrspann are not measuring the fish correctly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.