Collegiate Bass

• tbetts1000
    Hastings and Lake Vermilion MN

I have posted this on another board, and thought I would post it on here to get more interest in our club. Mods please delete this if it is not acceptable.

For those who do not know I (Tony) am President of Husker Bass Anglers here are the University of Lincoln.

What we do is participate in Collegiate Bass fishing tournaments. This September my partner and I participated in the National Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship in Texas on Lake Lewisville. We placed 44th out of 83 teams, when we fished this tournament. Texas A&M placed 1st overall and received $14,000 in scholarships. Well it is the beginning of a new season, and we are in need of college guys and girls who are die hard fishermen as well, who want to fish competitively.

You do not have to own a boat, but if you do have access to one that would help tremendously! We are in talks with a local club about possibly becoming an affiliate with them and we would also be able to fish in their club tournaments.

I know this board has a TON of members and it is growing everyday. So even if you are not a college aged male or woman that goes to the University, please keep us in mind for other men or women that you do know that would be interested. I really want this to be something special, and to grow and continue to be part of the University when I graduate next December.

So If you are/know College aged Man or Woman and want to fish competitively please come to our meeting on February 5th, and every first Tuesday of the month. Also please contact me by sending me a PM on here or a message on Facebook: UNL Bass Masters, or http://www.huskerbassanglers.com

We were also featured in this months ‘Monthly Angler’, and can be seen January 29th on Fox Sport Network at 8 o’clock.

Thank you very much,
    Tony Cimino
    Husker Bass Anglers
    President

P.S.
    Here is a list of some of the upcoming tournaments, some we hope to be participating in.

University of Arkansas – Feb 23rd, 24th
    Beaver Lake

V-Tech Invitational – March 8th, 9th
    Smith Mountain Lake

Battle of Bluegrass – June 7th
    Barren River Lake

Oklahoma Invitational -July (tba)
    Grand Lake of the Cherokee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.