Husker Prediction 2007

• walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

I know its a little early for a prediction but I’m busy the rest of the week. Anxious to see how this team gels and hope the guys can stay healthy and out of trouble.

Huskers – 34

Nevada – 7

GO SKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sean-lyons
    Participant
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Quote:

and out of trouble.

Let’s remember that this is still a Nebraska team……………..

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Huskers – 27

Nevada – 17

GO HUSKERS

snake_plissken
    Participant
    Central, MN

I predict the “real” Huskers from Holdingford, MN will have a better record than Nebraska this year.

Huskers – 34

St. Paul Harding – 8

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Huskers – 41

Nevada – 16

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Huskers – 24

Nevada – 14

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Huskers 45
    Reno 14

channelcatben
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Okay, how ’bout the Wake Forest game? With their starting QB out, and Purify back, this might be a little different than it looked preseason.

My prediction:
    Big Red: 38
    Wake: 20

Ben

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Huskers – 35

Wake – 12

150 yard rusher(Lucky) and a 100 yard reciever(Purify) in the same game. GO HUSKERS!!!!!!

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Brett Hodges is a very good “backup” QB and could have easily been the starter, so I don’t expect them to lose much at the QB position. This is a good team we’re facing this week. A very good team. They could have won against BC last week had a few balls bounced the other way for WF. This is a team that held Louisville to 24 points in the Orange Bowl (Brohm at QB) and shut out Florida State 30 to nothing on the road last season. I understand it’s a new year, but this is a damn good team with a very good coach. They’ll be ready to play, especially at home and after a tough loss. They don’t want to go 0-2.

That said, I think they Huskers have a special team this year, as long as they are healthy. The offensive line looks like they could develop into one of the best in the country. They have a veteran QB who can take charge on the field. And, it looks like they finally have depth and speed on defense again. This game is no “gimme” but I think we’ll win IF we protect the rock. If we lose the turnover battle we may very well lose the game.

Nebraska 27
    Wake Forest 20

GBR!

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

I’ll say:

Huskers – 30

WF – 20

And it would make a complete weekend if we win and the wife has our baby! I mught just make it back on the water before OCT!!!!!

chomps
    Participant
    Sioux City IA

Huskers = 52
    Nevada = 10

Do I win a prize?

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

OK, So last week’s USC prediction was more of a wish than a prediction, but that wish did not come true. Oh well, on to the next game.

This week, we have a MAC team coming into Lincoln. MAC teams tend to give the BCS schools some trouble and make ’em sweat a little. This Ball State team can score. They have a very good QB. Will this be a good week to “get right” and move on to the Big 12 schedule next week, or will the loss to USC linger in the minds of the Huskers and cost them another game at home? I think the former!

Nebraska 59
    Ball State 24

GBR!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.