Hello

• mike means
    Participant

I finally decided to sign up due to some proding and pushing from someone. I was known on other places as 2reddogs/reddogs2. This is due to my 2 Vizslas. Glad to be here and hopefully will get to know some of you and learn a few things.

Mike

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome Mike!! I was walleye tracker back in the day! You’ll love it here!! There’s a lot going on here but don’t be afraid to jump right in!! There’s a lot of good people and info on this entire site!!!

bill_cadwell
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome!

Who’s doing all the proding and pushing down there? Give’m a pat on the back.

stuart
    Participant
    Mn.

Welcome aboard!Where are you from and what do you fish for down in Nebraska?I hear there are some slab crappies down there.Maybe a trip swap in your furture?

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Mike!!
    Glad to see you over here….and I bet I know who did the prodding!

I’m glad he pressured you hard enough, this is the place to be. Hopefully we can all meet out at Big Mac again this year. Great to have ya here!

mike means
    Participant

Quote:

Welcome aboard!Where are you from and what do you fish for down in Nebraska?I hear there are some slab crappies down there.Maybe a trip swap in your furture?

I should of said earlier I am from Omaha, originally grew up in Northwest Mo. I am a landscape business owner, my wife is a school teacher, we have two kids (My hunting Dogs, Issabella and Tristan) and graduated from NWMSU Bearcats. I do a lot more bird hunting than fishing. So when I trade trips, it is me trading hunting and whomever trading fishing.

Brian I am pretty sure you know who told me about this place.

Again, good to be here.

Mike

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Oh, I might have an idea who badgered ya…

Stuart,
    Ya, we DO have some great crappie fishing in the state if you know where to look. There are a couple places that offer real decent crappie fishing. I caught hundreds last year, looking forward to doing it again this year. Sherman Reservoir is one of the premier areas for it….that lake just never quits with the crappie.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Welcome Mike

tomich
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne

Hey Mike, glad you made it, What’s for lunch?

Todd_NE
    Participant

welcome! black dog man myself. Been a tough parrot year for me though.

Todd

farmboy1
    Participant
    Mantorville, MN

And I thought I was the only guy on here who hunts a Vizsla

Welcome to the site, and my mutt welcomes you as well.

mike means
    Participant

Cool pic Farmboy. Here is a pic with my two after a nice day in the field.

Mike

farmboy1
    Participant
    Mantorville, MN

I love that pic.

Where did you get your dog box. That is a thing of beauty

The breeder I got mine from said this about viszlas. “If I am going to look at a dogs , all day, it had better be a good looking , so I hunt Viszlas”

I love that guy.

Glad to have you around Share some pics from those southern birds

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Welcome Mike!

jason-cyboron
    Participant
    Lincoln, NE

Welcome Mike!

Jason

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Mike!

I am really pleased to see all the new Nebraska guys we’re getting here. I think we’ll have to get a friendly bass tourney going this summer, or just have a get-together of some sort. I’m looking forward to meeting you all in person some day.

tomich
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne

Huh? Did you say bass?

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Wade gets that way sometimes.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

I think that is the Iowa in him

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Huh? Did you say bass?

Bass, Walleye, Wipers, Crappie, Cats, Gills… I’m an equal opportunity angler. Walleye and Smallies are my favorites, but I don’t mind the chuck-n-wind tactics for LM Bass either. Just get me on the water with a bunch of good-ol-boys and I’ll be wearing a grin all day!

tomich
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne

Sounds good to me!

mike means
    Participant

Quote:

Quote:

Huh? Did you say bass?

Bass, Walleye, Wipers, Crappie, Cats, Gills… I’m an equal opportunity angler. Walleye and Smallies are my favorites, but I don’t mind the chuck-n-wind tactics for LM Bass either. Just get me on the water with a bunch of good-ol-boys and I’ll be wearing a grin all day!

Will there be beer?

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

big_dog_ia
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne

Quote:

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Mike!

I think we’ll have to get a friendly bass tourney going this summer, or just have a get-together of some sort. I’m looking forward to meeting you all in person some day.

sounds good to me too

jason-cyboron
    Participant
    Lincoln, NE

I would be up for a get together. I was trying to get a group of guys to head up to Francis Case for some smallie action during their free fishing weekend in May. I think that is the weekend of May 19th and 20th. No park permits or fishing permits are needed.

Jason

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

We had a discussion going a while ago and never really settled on a date/location. Last I recall, we were leaning toward the late summer/fall wiper bite, with Zach as our lead guide. But, we didn’t settle on anything. That was more of a brainstorming session. There’s really no reason we couldn’t have an early and a late get-together. That might give more people a chance to make one of the two, if not both. There’s never a “perfect” date that works for everyone, with all the tourneys, work, family, etc. We should get another brainstorming session going soon and see what we can come up with, now that we have a lot more people interested. Right now, my focus is on the Mille Lacs Ice GTG next weekend. It’s not too late if any of you want to get in on that!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.