Here it is! MY HUSKER PREDICTION!

• walleye4
    On the Water

The time is here(well ALMOST) for another Husker gameday prediction.

With all the trash talking about to come to an end(watch ESPN Gameday and see some of the signs)! USC sure isn’t going to go on a BOOTY call! Huskers are on the comeback trail.

Now for the moment you all have been waiting for:

HUSKERS 27 – USC 20

eyebuster
    Duluth

Looks like a good prediction to me!

I have family in Eagle So I have always had a love affair with the huskers.

Please plaese woop these guys today!!!!

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I don’t like either team. But with that said, I really really despise USC and am going against everything I have ever known and believed and will say this one time and one time only. Go Husk….Husk…man its hard to say…huskers

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I was really hoping to see us pull off something big. Oh well, we still get one more chance to upset someone good. Texas At least we’ll be at home for that one!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bet with your head-not your heart .Best of luck the rest of the year for you in the “Husker Nation”
    Ryan Hale

walleye4
    On the Water

OUCH!!!! What was I thinking! I guess it was just wishful thinking to think that our DB’s could match up with them. I still think we could have kept it closer though. 9 PASSES IN THE 1ST HALF! What was up with that? Come out in the 3rd and pass like a mad dog and actually move down the field.

Hope for the best come next week though,

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Greg,think how mad your going to be after the Huskers make that trip to Ames this year????
    But how could you go wrong with a coach that is a ex-Raider!!!
    Ryan Hale

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Iowa State? LOL

walleye4
    On the Water

Glad to see you made it over here Chad! Crappie are starting to go over Yonder!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to IDA Chad. Glad to see you made your way over to. Have you been doing any fishing?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Iowa State? LOL

Welcome to IDA Chad!

You have to be careful of Ryan. He’s a Cyclone fan AND a Raider fan, so you can see why he might get a little frustrated once in a while. Poor guy…

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Thanks for the welcome. I haven’t been able to do any fishing lately. During the football season, I work 6-7 days a week but on the bright side, I get to go to every Husker game I am probably one of the few that thinks Callahan had the right gameplan. This is from an ex player and sums up how I feel – I’m not dissapointed with his appraoch in the first half. He did what he needed to do to give his team a chance to win the game. He kept it close.

I thought all along going in, SC’s front 7 was grossly under valued. I wasn’t as worried so much about when SC had the ball, as I am when NU had the ball. I just didn’t think we could handle the front 7.

SC was running power and counter down from the backside. Toss was being snuffed out by MLB and WLB’s.
    I would start Patrick,Christensen, Mann, Nicks and Slauson from right to left from a going forward basis. Austin played hard, but he’ll get ZT killed in pass pro.

NU’s WR’s weren’t really open all night. I’m not sure what the “fans” think NU should have done via the passing game, but taking shots down the field was not a viable option. Not if you wanted ZT to finish the season. BC tried desperately to keep SC from any blitzing situations. When SC blitzed, it got ugly in a hurry. ZT was a little off his game all night.

The unbalanced look was a nice wrinkle NU tried to employ, I just wish toss had a companion play to keep SC honest. I know in the 2nd half, they tried lead to the open side, but Rey M. and Rivers were having none of it.

A play here or there in the first half and it’s a completely different feel. Lucky fell down on a toss where he a crease the size of a yugo. It was unfortunate.
    Swift and Nunn got muscled and pushed around all night. They wanted no parts of Mays or Perez.

Defensively, I’m not real bothered by our CB’s effort. They didn’t get much help and SC does that to everyone they play. When you have 6 different weapons on offense, you’re bound to get match ups and SC did what they had to do.

Fortunately, SC’s run game isn’t real complex. Cryer picked Saturday to play his best game, especially in the first half. What you saw Saturday is what you see from SC every week. Not real flashy, they just have playmakers. After they saw how physical NU wanted to play up front, Pete was content with getting out there without further injury. That offensive line played about as well as they could have all things considered. Kalil and Rad don’t like grinders like they saw Sat. It showed. SC kept that offense real real simple. I’m not backing off the sentiment that I don’t like our LB play. Octavien, disgruntled, over weight and all is a better player than Ruud. McKeon when not stunting becomes very average in a hurry. He’s undersized and wears down. I wish he transplant his heart into a few others.

Both teams will be better because of this game. SC found out that the PAC 10 is nowhere near as physical as the rest of the country first hand. They dummied that offense game plan down in a hurry. Defensively, those that didnt know, now know that defensively they are as good as advertised. They played without 3 starters and had two freshman getting valuable work.

For NU, they are confident they can slug with heavy weights this year. They don’t have KO type power, but they can punch. We are still about 4-5 players away from National hype. This big hurdle will be internal. Competition is brewing and the staff better shoot the guys straight. I believe they will. This time, the film won’t lie.

walleye4
    On the Water

AH yea……….The words of Husker wisdom! You need husker info……..CHAD’S THE MAN TO TALK TO!

SO what your telling me Chad is that I am going to have to catch all them crappies this fall without you!

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

I wish I could get out there but since they added the extra game, there are no bye weeks this year. I will catch those crappies after the season if the ice gets safe. I’m thinking about a trip to the Glacier Lakes in South Dakota in early January – anybody interested?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Guys, we’re going to have a big IDA get-together on Lake Mille Lacs, MN this winter. It’d be great to get some Nebraska guys there. You won’t regret it!!

Chad, I like your thoughts on the game. I’m still unhappy about the play selections and thought they shold have gone to plan B. I don’t mind the strategy and I understand why the started off that way, but after they saw how little we were gaining by rushing the ball so much I would have liked to see them use the PA pass on first down a few times. I also think it would have been wise to run between the tackles more, rather than go outside where the USC D got to use their speed. I don’t mind the loss. I just wanted to see them make some in-game adjustments. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season. I hope they don’t take Troy lightly. Troy has played VERY well this year and had some good teams on the ropes so far. It would not be a good time to fall alseep. I’m sure the coaches will have them ready to roll. Restore the Order!!

Todd_NE

Chad,

Love to do an ice trip. Had abut 16 guys go up in late Jan last year to Glacial Lakes. A couple of us realllllly whammed the eyes and perch.

2006 SD licenses are good through Jan of 07 for anyone that cares.

We can’t talk huskers football though

Todd

walleye4
    On the Water

I might be up for a trip during X-Mas break.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.