johnson lake

• seisele

Does anybody know if the white bass are biting at the inlet yet? Would like to give it a try next weekend.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I actually haven’t heard a whole lot lately, but I know they were hitting a few weeks back. I bet they still are. I was out there last week, and there was lots of bait in the lake, everywhere you went. We didn’t do all that well-only one walleye, 1 small white, and 3 drum tossing jigs up in the shallow water where the shad were. With the water being low out there, I would fish that inlet hard. I think you’ll come away with a few. Might even hook into a flathead-they’ve been hitting a few jigs as well.

As for boat ramps, I used the inlet’s ramp last week, and it was a trick to stay in the channel and not get hung up on mud bars. I usually use the outlet’s ramp, and I think I will the next time, if the water doesn’t drop a whole lot. If the water’s low, and you’re at the outlet, use the WEST side of the ramp, as they put a little mini-extension on that side. The water level was still good last week, but you can check it out at http://www.cnppid.com.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to IDA junkman!!! I can’t tell you anything about Johnson’s Lake but I’m sure you’ll hear from someone before the day is over. I don’t know what the water level is like down there but I heard they were going to lower it some to conserve water at Mac.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

fishhunter44 is faster than me!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

“I may be chubby, but I’m quick”….

Actually, I just went to http://www.cnppid.com and it looks like maybe it dropped a bit more than when I was there last. Looks like you really better be careful if launching a boat. I think they extended the ramp at the inlet, and when the water’s this low, you can see the channel and navigate thru it.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Just talked to a very reliable source today that the inlet just shut off the other day. And if this guy can’t catch em….well, good luck.

walleye4
    On the Water

I might be over that way this weekend if I can’t find anyone to go to either Sherman or Harlan with me. That is about the only place I can go if I have to go by myself! Can’t afford to go anywhere else!

I will probably try a couple spots for crappie first then go to Johnson’s and troll for walleye.

I will let you know if I make it over,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.