Harlan fishing

• benseim
    Participant

Fished the final night of the Tuesday night walleye club this week at Harlan. Didn’t have much success myself but there were some keepers caught slabbing the ledges on the north side of the lake. I have never really given this technique much of a chance but spent all night on Tuesday giving it a go. Caught to short fish and lost one half way to the boat that I am sure was a large Walleye. The highlight of the night was the huge white bass that we did catch slabbing. We found a large school on one of the points that was honestly some of the most fun I have had fishing in a long time. Couldn’t even hardly get the slab to the bottom before they practicly took the rod out of your hand. The ‘eye fishing should only get better in weeks to come.

bigbass3638
    Participant

sounds like you had a good time! i hope more people cross over to the new forum

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Couldn’t even hardly get the slab to the bottom before they practicly took the rod out of your hand.

Now that sounds like fun! Welcome to In-depthangling and thanks for the report!

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Welcome bsfisherman Any crappie on the dam yet??

benseim
    Participant

To early yet on the crappie, another three weeks or so I would say.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Who won club this year?? What was big fish of the year?

emover
    Participant
    Malcom, IA

bsfishman,
    That sounds like a good time Thanks for the report, and Welcome to IDA!

dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.