Great News, QB Recruited already for Beck!

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Finally something to look foreward to. Are they going to get Tina to block for him as well????? On a different subject, who is this guy from UTEP???

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That’s funny right there.

Hey…He might not have the physical tools of Beck but I will bet he has a better attitude and will actually be liked by his teammates. I guess Beck decided he’d hit the road before he found himself behind Patrick Witt too.

Todd_NE

Tina, that’s some funny stuff Pedro!

I don’t know about this Doc guy. But I sure hope we get some players named Wyatt, James, and Morgan!

Everyone better pray pretty hard for Z Taylor or I see a whole season of the KSU game where the guy from Wahoo handed it off 78 times. Name that QB He was very very short. Rudy looked more athletic.

Todd

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

True freshman starter at Nebraska for the ’07’ season. Not exactly what a program on the rebound needs to see. Hopefully SOMEBODY steps it up and puts some pressure on Zach for the job but I don’t know if that is going to happen?

Life must not have been good at UTEP??????

walleye4
    On the Water

I think Taylor has the #1 QB locked up! I also think that Ganz will be ready if needed. My prediction is the Huskers will go 10-2 this year.

GO SKERS!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Walleye4, Welcome to IDA!

There’s no doubt Taylor is #1. I think we’re more concerned about having a solid backup and a future #1. We’ll see how Ganz does when given a chance late in games this season. I wish him the best. He appears to be a team guy and it sounds like he has the character to lead the team if needed. I do hope Taylor stays healthy all season though. He really impressed me toward the end of last season.

walleye4
    On the Water

I hope Taylor stays healthy also! If they start blowing out a few teams, I hope they get him out of there and let Ganz develop and get some snaps. I think I might be going to the KSU game with my uncle. Not sure yet and not sure if I want to go down there with all the rowdys!

Greg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Which one of these guys is the thug and which one is the drunk?? As a former Husker fan, you just don’t have a team without these components. Go Big Red!!!

Todd_NE

Thanks for buying into a national media perception…

As we have found, unfortunately, there isn’t a college program of any sort anymore that doesn’t have players that have brushes with the law – coaches too it seems.

Osborne really really really thought and thinks still today he can “save” kids. That’s why he didn’t throw Phillips in the gutter – the easy thing he could have done. You really think LP helped us beat Florida, uhhh no? Osborne, PRIOR to some of the events in the mid-90’s spoke publicly and often about the breakdown of society – parentless children, lack of role models, the positive impact of athletics, etc. I heard him personally, here in West Point, at a private function speak at length about how he felt personally that he should recruit a few players every year that needed a chance to become productive adults, whether those kids were from Omaha or wherever. Remember Devaney was the same way too.

To this day Osborne has his Teammates program, is passionate in Congress trying to help youth programs, reign in agents, etc.

Pick up a book of his sometime. He’s one of the greatest men and leaders of our time.

And by the way, in a poll of Big 12 players, NU was ranked as having the classiest players and fans by other Big 12 players. That too says something of his legacy.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/multimedia/2006/073006_B8_poll.pdf

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Todd, this is about like ribbing a Packer fan!!

I was a faithful fan(not die hard) back in the phillips era. Growing up in SD it was either Gophers or Big Red Machine. I like being on the winning side of the ball.

All that said, I like ribbing both Packer and Husker fans. Especially Husker fans from Iowa!!!

Todd_NE

Kidding is always a good time, I agree!

Cute kid except for the hat.

Todd

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.