ice season

• sinister-fishing
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne for now

I made it out on the ice today for the first time this season. We got 20+ crappie 5+ bass and 2 walleyes. The bite was slow until we found them off a point. Were in 9 fow using jigging minnow and slender spoons. White seemed to be the best color for me but chrome worked as well.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Have heard of a few guys around here already getting on fish. I’ve got so much work to do on boats and other stuff, I hope I’m able to get out there sometime.

walleyed_joe
    Participant
    E Nebraska

It sure is nice to have ice a little earlier this season. We have been finding fish consistently and enjoying every minute! Brian, how is the ice out in your area on those canal lakes?

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Joe, I was told it was about 5″ a few nights ago. I don’t see a reason for that to change, unless it got thicker, which is totally possible. Haven’t heard much about Elwood, Johnson, or much other lately.

sinister-fishing
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne for now

I’m going to be hitting the ice hard here starting next week. We had 5 inches on Sunday, so I’m sure there’ll be close to 7-8 inches by the time I get back. Then I’ll be hitting my spots. Brain, ill let you know how my trip went

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.