I don’t always…..

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Yup…..there’s a reason the backgrounds in my pics look the way they do. My tires haven’t been flattened since I learned!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

BBKK
    IA

Saw that on facebook yesterday.. very funny!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Very few of the fishing shows tell you what lake they are on. Some tell you the lake but not where they are.

Do you try to pause the tv when they show you the depth finder so you can see the map? I’ve always appreciated that the Lindners don’t tell you the lake. It’s more fun to recognize certain points or bays. Feel like I’m on the secret.

Is this also bad?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I thought it was very comical myself, especially since I’ve had some personal experience with it.

Nah, I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Of course, we don’t need to worry about the Lindner’s fishing our lakes around here, but I still appreciate that they never mention it by name. I kinda follow that mantra by saying I’m ‘on the canal’, which is true when I say it. The nice thing is, ‘the canal’ includes miles and miles of fishable water, and sometimes I am miles away from where I just recently fished.

So ya, The Most Interesting Man finally had a perfect poster, and I just had to publish it!

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

A national fishing show with a large audience I think should be careful in the type of information they give out. Now when they are on a well known, highly fished, big water body like say Lake of the Woods, Lake Fork, or Lake Cumberland saying the name of the lake isn’t going to do much except maybe give a local lodge or business an extra bump in business which is normally an intended result anyway. With smaller bodies of water, especially if they are located near a major population center I would prefer the show protect it from getting over run.

As far as fishing pictures and posts on the net I spend a lot more time looking at them to identify people that are likely to have knowledge I can learn from than I do trying to figure out what spot they are fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.