Even more river walleyes

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Decided last night to save a little gas $$ and wade in the river again and see if I could catch a few more fish. I went to the usual spot, and….nothing. The wind was different, but the current seemed the same. I moved just to the south of the hole, and it was game on. Limited out in 15-20 minutes throwing cranks again, with a little jig throwing mixed in. Caught 5 eyes total (I had to keep tryin for that 30 incher!), 2 LMB, and a channel. The 4 I brought home are going to be damn tasty on the grill. I’m pretty sure I’m not going to enjoy attending work the next 4 days. Gotta be a way around that.

dbrode
    Participant
    Mingo, IA

well done! you must not have had all this rain. You cant even tell where the river begins or ends around here. Tight lines!

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Nice report, looks like a blast! Nebraska is a special place to me as both my parents were from there and we spent alot of time visiting relatives all over the state from Falls city to North Platte. Good luck!!

moxie
    Participant
    Sioux City,IA

Nice stringer there B.. and always good to hear productive shore fishing

huskerdb
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Nice fish once again, Brian!

walleyed_joe
    Participant
    E Nebraska

You’re an animal B Rob! Nice catch!

slaktrak
    Participant

Most impressive !

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks guys– I know I felt like an animal wading around out there in the river. I used to do it all the time as a kid, so it’s kinda fun to get back out there and do it again.
    We have had a lot of rain lately, but I’d say it’s the ‘perfect’ amount going in to this big hole. You’ve got swift water in one area, and slower and slack water in another. If they’re not in one area, they seem to be in the other, thus far. In the slack water you’ll also catch LMB and cats, and who knows what else. I’m waiting for the 30″ walleye and/or 40lb flathead. Gotta be in there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.