Davis Creek

• Husker26
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

I’ve noticed that they have been filling up Davis Creek at around 240 AF per day. Will the fish be adjusted to this daily? I’m wondering how this will affect the fishing?

whitetips2
    Participant

Quote:

I’ve noticed that they have been filling up Davis Creek at around 240 AF per day. Will the fish be adjusted to this daily? I’m wondering how this will affect the fishing?

Fish adapt; they either do that or die.

The fishing at Davis Creek Reservoir is usually at its best when they are filling it. The water supply for Davis Creek comes from Calamus Reservoir and when they are filling Davis Creek fish are attracted to the inlet area–the water coming in carries a lot of prey.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

Husker26
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

I was hoping for something like that. I was thinking that it should be for the good when filling it but wasnt sure.
    Thanks for the response

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Davis reminds me a lot of Elwood. If I was closer, I’d most likely employ some of the same tactics there that I would at Elwood.

Sorry I missed your call, Tab. Hit me back sometime after 4 Saturday or all afternoon Sunday.

whitetips2
    Participant

Quote:

Davis reminds me a lot of Elwood. If I was closer, I’d most likely employ some of the same tactics there that I would at Elwood.

There are a lot of similarities between Davis Creek and Elwood reservoirs–the topography is very similar with lots of bays and coves with relatively steep drops, soil-cement dams, water supply through a canal and unfortunately, drastic water level fluctuations. Prey base and fish communities are similar too.

I have not done a lot of fishing on Davis Creek, but have done enough on both reservoirs to know that absolutely, similar techniques work well at both places.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.