Biggest pike I’ve ever seen…(sorry reelsnlures!)

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Was fishing some pits Saturday afternoon/evening and thought I’d try for some crappies. Only managed 3 of them, as I believe they were a bit farther out than my jigs would reach. So I started cranking, and wow is it game on with this weather. Ended up with 22 LMB. While there were no piggies, I did get one that was nearly 16″, but looked like a tank. But the real catch of the day was the last fish, which ended up being a 39″ northern that inhaled my Bomber. I wasn’t sure I’d get her in as I saw line going into her mouth, Bomber never to be seen again, I was sure. I somehow wrestled her onto shore, pounced on her and snapped a few pics. I saw a chart that states 39″= 16.9lbs, and I do believe this fish was all of that, possibly more. Wrecked my arm, that’s for sure. This is the biggest pike I’ve ever personally seen, with Mike’s a few weeks back a very, very close 2nd. Released so we can hopefully catch her when she’s over 40″. Judging by how thick she was, it probably won’t be long at the rate she’s eating.

And yes, Mike, this was on the back-up camera, and no net!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dandy! I know you’ve been looking for a big pike. Mission accomplished.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks James! Funny you mention that….I knew, in the back of my mind, that when fishing this water there’s always a chance of this fish. And it was April 1st when I got a nice one last year….so yes, I’m very glad I found her!

bigpike
    Participant

She’s a beauty! Nice fish, sounds like you had a pretty darn good day fishing overall!

4fishing
    Participant

Great looking fish!

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

I’d like to see what that fish would look like if a normal sized guy was holding it. You’re too much of a moose to do it justice jerr

ms75449
    Participant
    Lake City, MN

Nice fish!

chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

Thats a awesome northern

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Haahahahhaa….c’mon Jerr, I’m just a lil guy, you know that!

Thanks guys! I think my arm is still sore. Not many of those here in NE, pretty rare fish. I’m grateful and lucky I got to tangle with her, and sure hope to again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.