Not froze up yet….

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

My buddy Jake went out today with his fam to a local area and was able to get into some fish, including this monster crappie. Went 14″, almost 2 pounds, damn nice fish. Said they got about 8-9 crappies and almost 30 LMB. Hittin everything from plastics to spinnerbaits. Nice fishin, Jake! Not time to put away the rods yet….

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Boy, I sure wish we had a river to fish around here like you guys do up there. Gotta love pool 4! It’s cooling down very gradually down here, just hope it doesn’t crash and stay cold way longer than necessary! I’ll be ready in early March to get the boat out again….

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

You still chasin’ the wipers or givin ’em a brake? Still can’t believe how big some of those things get!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

I take having several rivers within an hour of me for granted sometimes. I probably shouldn’t do that.

NO! You shouldn’t! Enjoy it, because where we live here, we don’t really have that. Sure wish we did. If you look at a map, you’ll see we have the Platte river, but it really is how it’s described: a mile wide, inch deep. There are select areas where you can fish the Platte and pull out cats, bass, eyes and saugers, but you’ll never usually see more than a canoe on it around here.
    We do have a man made canal system that moves along with the Platte, but it freezes up during the winter, so boating on it doesn’t really work from Dec-March either. Once again, there are fishable areas that some people do take advantage of. I’ve never been good at those areas….really need to practice up.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

You need to come down and fish em with me next year, Trev!! I’m not close to being a good wiper fisherman, but June, July, August, and Oct were good to me this year for sure. I know guys chase em around here in Oct and Nov, but I always have to head to KS to catch mine. One of these years I’ll figure out the fall wipers around here…I hope.

If you’d like to plan on coming down around the 1st or 2nd week of June, or the last couple weeks of July and first of August, we’ll get some!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.