Question on Sherman and Calamus

• jebb-hatch
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Has anyone fished Sherman or Calamus recently? I am heading out that way later this week and only have one day to fish. So I won’t have time to fish them both. I would like to catch some walleye and wondered if anybody had any advise on which lake to fish or what is working out there.

Thanks in advance for any info.

jd318
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

Last I heard (2 weeks ago) everything is just below the minimum at Calamus. Guy caught a lot of fish, but nothing long enough to keep.

layne-monroe
    Participant
    Lincoln, Ne

Did well on eater sized fish at Sherman last wednesday drifting livebait and plastics with the wind in 6-8′ of water. Ended with our 8 fish ranging from 16″-18″ in a few hours. Good Luck.

Layne Monroe

CornHunka
    Participant

My neighbor took his daughter out to Sherman on Sunday (June 12) and caught 10 walleyes in just a couple of hours. He said there were quite a few fish caught and some nice ones. Spinners behind a bottom bouncer w/ crawlers.

jebb-hatch
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks for the help guys. Did ok yesterday a few eaters and a lot of unders. Had our best luck in 8-11 FOW pulling spinners.

Heard from someone that the lake had went up 2 ft late last week and had really slowed things down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.