this week’s fishing

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Maybe this weather will straighten up yet.

Made it out Mon night and Tues with Garver to do a little walleye fishing. We caught a couple Mon, and got 13 Tuesday. Biggest was around 19″.

Took a buddy out yesterday in search of walleyes, and while we weren’t too successful with that, we did get some nice crappies in the boat. As it got closer to dark, we moved to a different area, which really paid off. We weren’t there a minute and had a nice eye that was almost 20″. But the real catch of the night came later when this monster white bass hit a jig. He went 17″, but was a ridiculous 2lbs 13oz. We had another big one in the boat last week from the same area that was just a bit longer, but just a little lighter. You can kinda see it in this pic, but his guy was monstrous, and the thickness of the fish was just wild. Turns out there are some fish in Nebraska that like BFishN Tackle ringworms and paddletails! Water temps were anywhere from 51 to 59 depending on the location.

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

What a piggy. -Mark

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks Mark, it was a nice one!

I just now noticed that it should have read his ‘gut’ was monstrous, and it was. I should really learn how to type sometime…

Would love to be out there again this week, but I’ll be at a different locale and will be extremely hard to find. Think the phone won’t even be operable. Damn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.