Need Advice – Aug/Sept Back-Up Fishing Trip

• bnbblake
    Participant

Looks like our annual Canadian fishing trip may be cancelled due to border closing. Trying to have a back-up plan for a Minnesota fishing trip. We’re traveling from Kansas so anywhere in the state is open to us. Like to fish for smallmouth, pike and walleye in that order but know very little about Minnesota lakes / resorts. Been looking at places on Rainy, Vermillion, and Kabetogama for starters but thought I’d seek some expert advice. I’d really like to go a place where the resort owner will be able to put me on to some good fishing locations since it is our first trip. I realize that late August / September is not an ideal time but that’s what we’re faced with. Thanks in advance.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I’ll suggest Kabetogama. I’ll suggest Ash-Ka-Nam for a resort. I’ll suggest getting a guide. I’ll recommend Travis Carlson if you can get him. The resort owners will be of little help for the most part.

Depending on weather you can do real well that time of year. We will be on Kab. Sept. 5th thru 15th due to our Canada trip likely going down the drain also. Bring some warm clothes, it can get chilly in early Sept.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.