Need Advice – Aug/Sept Back-Up Fishing Trip

• bnbblake
    Participant

Due to the Canada border possibly remaining closed for some time, we are looking for a place in Minnesota for late August / early September. We like to fish for smallmouth, pike, and walleyes in that order and am considering Vermillion. Would like to go to a lodge where the owner can give us very good fishing advice since we would be rookies on a new body of water. I do have my own boat. All suggestions would be appreciated.

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Vermilion is dead that time of year, look into Rainy.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I will be up there renting a cabin over labor day. I love it at that time. Its beautiful and fish are easy to find. Walleye may be hit or miss but pike and small mouth are easily found.
    I just got back from there this evening and we re rented the same cabin. We found awesome fishing and sweet new areas to fish.

Reef W
    Participant

Vermilion is dead that time of year, look into Rainy.

not sure if you’re joking or not ???

I’ll be there end of August and/or early September on the east end. I’ve never been to that end or on the lake at that time of year at all.

catmando
    Participant
    wis

To heck with the little fish. Lake Michigan, King salmon. Now, that’s a fish!

SoDakangler
    Participant

I’ve generally had good luck on Vermilion all through August and the rest of the fall. Fish are usually really easy to find on reefs in big bay. Lindy and a crawler usually puts them in the boat. Some days you gotta work harder than others but that’s fishing.
    Lots of guys troll leadcore that time of year and do really well. I just haven’t made that investment yet.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’m headed up in a few days and will be there until the 8th. I love it at that time.
    Send me a message and I’ll give you a report. Im staying on the west side but i love fishing the east side so ill be all over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.