Need a Topper

• fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I need a topper for my 21 Sierra 1500 short box. No topper dealer can get one for three months. I love COVID and Bideconomy.

Anywho, anyone trading in a 19-21 Silverado or Sierra shortbox that’s got a topper on it that they’d sell separate? Or know where to get one in short order? Not even concerned with color at this point..

Long shot, I know. TIA

stevenoak
    Participant

Mine took 2 months a year ago. My Brother just got one for his new GMC last week. Think it took a little over a month, roof rack another week or two. 2 things to watch. Not sure now, but prior body styles Chevrolet and GMC were different widths at the rear of the box. If you are thinking of painting. Get a rough estimate. It costs more than you probably think. Urethane installed windows are a pain to work around. A long shot but call dealers and car lots.
    They often remove them to sell trucks. Sometimes selling to one place for resale. Or if you find a truck for sale with a topper. Leave your number, incase buyer would want the truck without it. Also, maybe a salvage yard. May find one with slight damage if you are going to paint anyway. Used is a pain with so many box choices. Used to be. 6 or 8′, Dodge would fit a Ford. But Chevy was a little different.

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Give Accessories 4 Trucks in Willmar a call. They keep a decent inventory of used toppers on hand. I paid $350 for a Leer with remote unlock, removable rear window, coat hanger and side windoors from there a couple years back. Not a scratch or ding on the thing.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

Right, toppers have always taken a long time long before the current supply chain problems.

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

Give Accessories 4 Trucks in Willmar a call. They keep a decent inventory of used toppers on hand. I paid $350 for a Leer with remote unlock, removable rear window, coat hanger and side windoors from there a couple years back. Not a scratch or ding on the thing.

Sounds like you got lucky. Nothing available there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Think I had around 5k miles on my truck before the tonneau finally came in, in 2005.

Call up Truckin America in Rochester, see if they have anything that could work.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

This one came up on marketplace

Attachments:
    1. 5F70C3B3-E25B-471B-87AE-C5700A795987.png

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

This one came up on marketplace

Thanks, RW. I’ll have to reach out to him. Maybe my radius was too narrow.

Northcoast
    Participant

I have a black ARE z2 on my 19 Sierra Denali I could sell. I just placed an order for a hd 3500 and new topper last week (ordered same topper). Truck is suppose to be here in mid December. I wouldn’t want to get rid of the topper until new truck is here, not sure if that helps you.

Fwiw, I was told the topper is 20 weeks out.

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I have a black ARE z2 on my 19 Sierra Denali I could sell. I just placed an order for a hd 3500 and new topper last week (ordered same topper). Truck is suppose to be here in mid December. I wouldn’t want to get rid of the topper until new truck is here, not sure if that helps you.

Fwiw, I was told the topper is 20 weeks out.

Thanks, NC. I’m needing it by Nov 12 to head out to Montana elk hunting. No worries.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.