Napa batteries

• billy03z71

Looking at updating trolling motor batteries for my 24v minn kota, anyone used these batteries recently? Having a hard tome finding group 31 in my location otherwise.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230321_124303_Chrome.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

How much are they? Dont seem hard to find I could have 200 AC Delco ones tomorrow.

JEREMY
    BP

3 month warranty on Napa deep cycles. That says something about the quality I would think.

Coletrain27

i bought 2 group 31’s for my ice shack. i got mine at sams club and they are duracell brand. i belive they were $120 a piece. ive had 3-4 napa batteries in vehicles and they were always good but they are not deep cycle obviously

billy03z71

The ones from napa are 180$ish, those O’Reillys seem like a good deal in comparison, thanks the link

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I am currently running three in my boat a dual purpose starting and two deep cycles have not had any issues. Batteries can be made in the same place but not have the same materials inside. I have been selling Napa Legend batteries at my shop for 7 years and have had very low warranty issues.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I am currently running three in my boat a dual purpose starting and two deep cycles have not had any issues. Batteries can be made in the same place but not have the same materials inside. I have been selling Napa Legend batteries at my shop for 7 years and have had very low warranty issues.

All batterie are engineered to a price point. The most difficult part is knowing what the actual specs are. Years ago when we had an Interstate Battery engineer come and talk to our bass club, he gave what I believe to be the most honest suggestion when comparing batteries. If they are listed with the same specs, buy the brand that weighs the most. You’re getting much heavier plates in them. He had cross-sections to show plate differences and though at the time interstates were great, but not the best.

Karry Kyllo

I worked at a battery warehouse while in college and I was surprised how many batteries sold by different retailers were exactly the same batteries but with different labels.
    Pallets of unmarked batteries would come in by truck and depending upon which retailer ordered a particular sized battery, we’d pull batteries off of a pallet, adhere whatever retailers label on them that the order called for, stack them on back on pallets, load them into trucks again and ship them to the individual retailer’s stores. We’d pull exactly the same batteries off of the same pallets for every different retailer that the business sold to. I don’t remember all of the different brands anymore but Sears, Walmart, Cenex are some of the different retailers that I recall as I write this although there were many more.
    Remember the Sears Diehard batteries that were famous at one time? They were exactly the same as a Walmart or Cenex battery with the same specs. The only difference was the label, the price and maybe one retailer had a better warranty than another but the batteries were exactly the same.

The battery industry is quite the racket.

I’m guessing things are similar today.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have been using the O’Reilly group 31 in the camper and fish house the last few years and a set in my boat.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have had excellent results with Menards group 31 batteries they are made by Exide deep cycle average 6-7 years 24 volt system. Dual purpose group 31 running 3 Helix 12s mega 360 and the rest of the boat average about 4 years, for $129 I cant justify going to Lithium’s.

tim hurley

Have had good luck with my Naps. I never know what to believe with batteries, I have heard the quality has improved with this brand but you also hear that they are all the same. Oh and I have also heard that Cabellas has a good battery and once a year in the spring they mark them down 50%.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I had my last set of Napa batteries for 11 years!!! Not sure what type they are and I still have them in the garage. Used them for the trolling motor. I usually didn’t do much fishing all day, generally 2-4 hours and during musky league a bit more than 5. I was always amazed that they would keep taking and carrying the charge.

Mark

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My group 31 napa batteries are going on their 3rd season. No problems at all. They are highly recommended for TM batteries and cranking batteries over on the bassboatcentral forums and those guys are nuts about their gear.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.