Namakan here we come! Flooding or not ;)

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

We are fortunate to have a site on Namakan that isn’t flooded for the next 5 days.

I have only fished Namakan this time last year we did decent, has anyone been out the last few days?

Any bites?

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Good luck. Watch for debris in the water.

robby
    Quad Cities

No idea where that is, but do enjoy and be safe.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Water is crazy high. As mentioned watch for floating debris. Bring lots of mosquito dope and Thermo-cells.
    If you are in the area I might try Kohler Bay.

Fish slow, with a minnow.

Kettle Falls Hotel is basically shut down so a trip up there isn’t needed.

Shoot me a PM with the camp location I might have another spot or two to try.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Had some buddies up there a couple weeks ago, they did decent trolling shallow with a mix of eater/small eyes and nice sized pike.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

We were up over memorial weekend. Fishing was ok, we managed a few every day. Fish were pretty scattered and negative for the most part. Shallow bays gave up some fish, but the weed growth is behind most years. That bite should only get better. We found fish on rock or sand flat areas in 8-14ft near the mouths of the shallow bays. Those fish seemed very negative though. You can never go wrong fishing in current areas. Narrow points, cuts between islands, etc. Find flowing water and there should be fish close by.
    Good luck and let us know how you did!

Kevin Vroman

We are fortunate to have a site on Namakan that isn’t flooded for the next 5 days.

I have only fished Namakan this time last year we did decent, has anyone been out the last few days?

Any bites?

How did you do fishing? We are planning a trip to namakan for next June. We are fr Cumberland.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Kevin, welcome to IDO. The O.P. was there in early June, at the height of the historic flooding. The odds that conditions there in 2023 will be the same as 2022 are very slim. Normally fishing in most border waters in early June is best in shallow water. You have plenty of time to research; there will be many posts here on Namakan in the meantime. Keep checking for new posts and contribute on other topics when you can.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.