My Release Breaks First Day In The Woods

• Micah Conrad

Has anyone had this happen to them before? I just started filming my bow hunts and on day 1, my release of 7 years just fell apart in my hand 😳 And of course, it was the day I had 10 deer move through my area, 3 of which were great freezer fillers 😅
    I learned somethin…always have a back up release 🤦🏻. How I never thought of that before, I’ll never know…but hopefully some of you can learn from me!
    Video below:

Dabba
    Lakeville, MN

Haven’t had it happen, but this is why I carry an extra or if I drop the release from the tree

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’ve never had it happen either. That sucks! I also have an extra release in my pack.

Micah Conrad

I’ll never go out without my back up now 😂

catmando
    wis

Once my trusty Free Flight release broke while pulling the bow back on a nice buck…….Punched myself in the face and damn near knocked me out of the tree. True Story. DK.

deertracker

Your finger makes a nice release and you always have them with.
    DT

Mike Gioia

Haven’t touched a release in years but when I did always carried an extra. Remember it’s gotta be the same. The neck sizes change and can effect dl. Carter will repair theirs no issues. Every single release has breakage issues even if uncommon.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

DT

I’d challenge you to use your finger with some of today’s bow designs.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

On year 21 with my truball. I’ve not shot near as much the second ten years as I did the first 10, probably why it’s still working. Keep thinking I should replace it but have yet to.

Mike Gioia

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

I have no issues. Something’s are great and simple about stykbows. You are correct though, modern compounds can be shot that way but it’s really bucking the system and would prob yield rough and uncomfortable results. The modern bows are made to be shot by release

jwellsy

I prefer a large finger tab even on a compound.

Years ago I went through my high tech phase which peaked when the Onida Screaming Eagles came out. That year I kept busting nocks at 3D shoots. Then one day I grunted a really nice buck across an open field right up to me. At about 10 yards when I took the shot, the bowstring broke. At that point I was done with high tech and went back to custom traditional archery. When I got old and needed a crossbow, I had to go for a recurve crossbow to have less moving part failure points.

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

Somehow missed this. I pull 70 pounds. I have no issues shooting fingers. It’s not that big of a deal.
    DT

catnip
    south metro

When I played paintball I had this bow attachment that shot paintballs like an arrow with one draw and release for each paintball. I was getting 300 fps at a 65lb draw. Can’t use a release due to rate of fire. I just wore a thin glove and had no problems. You can also get in more practice shots and makes you real good at natural point of aim because with the goggles you can’t use a peep sight. And all without the exercise of walking and pulling arrows.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.