My first day off in over 100 days….

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

And I’m over looking the river. No boat, no rods, nothing but a day to wish. Life is brutal sometimes devil

Attachments:
    1. 19B03B7E-FD09-42EC-BD0D-BBC3FFBD252F.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

That’s an amazing view!

I don’t usually admit when I go to Iowa… eagle point park over looking the dam in DaPuke Dubuque

MX1825

Hey what were you doing in Dubuque Randy? I live just across the river in SW WI.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Hey what were you doing in Dubuque Randy? I live just across the river in SW WI.

Wife wanted to go do everything that I normally never do on a day off. Turned my phone off and disappeared for a couple days

MX1825

Good for you Randy and the FW. applause

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Enjoy – you deserve it.

I had a job where each the last 10 years I worked over 200 days in a row – from sitting in a turkey blind to sitting in deer stand. I had time to ice fish but I gave that job up. Now I get to sit in a boat too.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Enjoy – you deserve it.

I had a job where each the last 10 years I worked over 200 days in a row – from sitting in a turkey blind to sitting in deer stand. I had time to ice fish but I gave that job up. Now I get to sit on a boat too.

My father has been in failing health for the last couple years. I’m the primary care provider and get a break once every 4 months ish. Not complaining. But I have no support and no back up. That’s the part that’s most stressful

mojogunter

I haven’t had a day off since, well Monday. That being said when I owned my own business for first 20 years I worked a ridiculous amount of hours, and it took my doctor to tell me I need to let go a bit of the reins or my health would be impacted. Enjoy your day off. My mom’s health is going downhill quickly and I dread what is ahead.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

My father has been in failing health for the last couple years. I’m the primary care provider and get a break once every 4 months ish. Not complaining. But I have no support and no back up. That’s the part that’s most stressful
    [/quote]

I’m in the same boat. My 97 year old Dad is my 24hr a day job now. My “time off” is early morning at the grocery store before he gets up. My Brother was here last week for 2 days. But he is caretaker for his wife. That gave me time to go to dentist, get a haircut, have the truck worked on and see accountant.

BUT only one of my friends have the opportunity to take care of their Dad. I asked a good friend, a smart girl, many years ago why she bought such a big house (7 bedroom, 3 bath in International Falls). She told me “I don’t want to look back someday and wish I did more for my parents”. Those words have stuck with me for 35 years. They did move in with her.

Sometimes you have to be the adult.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.