My 4th of July Richard Move

• bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Went to Menards (Hudson) to stock up for our annual fish fry at the cabin this weekend. I’m not a big fish eater but really enjoy having a fish fry for my family and friends/neighbors at the cabin. My neighbor and I have been doing this for several years. I picked up a jug of peanut oil (already had 1 jug mostly full). Next stop was the Shore Lunch aisle. I was planning to get 15 boxes of the plain stuff. Looked at the shelf and it was my lucky day. 16 boxes left. I felt a little guilty about only leaving 1 box on the shelf. But I will get over it. Happy 4th to everyone.

Please note: I do take care to make sure I’m not over my possession limit prior to the fish fry.

Attachments:
    1. shore-lunch-shelf-1.jpg

2. shore-lunch-cart-1.jpg

3. shore-lunch-cart.jpg

4. shore-lunch-shelf.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

LOL. Tight lines to you, sir!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

15 boxes of Shore Lunch that must be a helluva party! Where’s the cabin and when should I be over? jester Reminds me of Billy Madison, “What would you do with 30 bag lunches?” rotflol

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Shore Lunch. Meh. You can have it all if you want.

For shake and fry I like Andy’s Red or Cajun.

For homemade, put a bag of spicy Doritos in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor. Add Panko. Fish fry awesome will ensue. Cool Ranch work great as well.

Grouse

stevenoak
    Participant

I was in Reeds in Walker in May. They had a box of Shore Lunch Original. This thing was big as a large box of breakfast cereal. May look into that. Has to be a cheaper way to go.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

Not to worry, the Stillwater/OPH store has 25 available,,,,

Happy 4th! HRG

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

The 4th is my b day we have 8 racks of ribs for the smoker 3 pork shoulders and a pile of fillet mingon. We have a huge festive cook out. 3 smokers going and 2 grills.
    Smoked cowboy beans, and Mac and cheese. Followed by way to much money in fire works. Lots of family and friends will be over. ( I know gimruis the fire works are illegal ) lol

And the shore lunch thing, I think your good. I only know 1 guy who eats original shore lunch and that’s my old man who doesn’t fish

blank
    Participant

15 boxes of Shore Lunch that must be a helluva party! Where’s the cabin and when should I be over? jester Reminds me of Billy Madison, “What would you do with 30 bag lunches?” rotflol

It was that damn sasquatch, that’s who!

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I used to like Shore Lunch but now I cannot stand it. Way better options out there.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Sounds like a heckuva cookout!

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

( I know gimruis the fire works are illegal ) lol

LOL you rebel you

waldo9190
    Participant
    Cloquet, MN

For homemade, put a bag of spicy Doritos in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor. Add Panko. Fish fry awesome will ensue. Cool Ranch work great as well.

Grouse

Andy’s is the bomb.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

Grouse

Andy’s is the bomb.

Where does Andy’s come from ?

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    ( I know gimruis the fire works are illegal ) lol

LOL you rebel you

Lol I’m just yanking your chain. A guy has to be rebellious sometimes. Usually makes for a good time

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

The 4th is my b day we have 8 racks of ribs for the smoker 3 pork shoulders and a pile of fillet mingon. We have a huge festive cook out. 3 smokers going and 2 grills.
    Smoked cowboy beans, and Mac and cheese. Followed by way to much money in fire works. Lots of family and friends will be over.

sounds like one hell of a time!

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

You can get 3.5lb boxes at fleet farm for $15… That’s way better than a ton of little boxes!

Reef W
    Participant

You can get 3.5lb boxes at fleet farm for $15… That’s way better than a ton of little boxes!

Depends how confident you are. Half the time I don’t even need to open 1 little box lol

AK Guy
    Participant

Costco will have the big box on occasion.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

15 boxes? Hope those friends and family know how to clean fish. jester

The SCRATCHER
    Participant
    spring valley mn

Andy’s red or Cajun x 2

MX1825
    Participant

BC sounds like a great time.
    Just a question, what time do the fireworks start and end?

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

BC sounds like a great time.
    Just a question, what time do the fireworks start and end?

We will shoot them when the city has there show. That way we only urine off a few of the neighbors. Most the other neighbors will be over with us

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

You can have it all I will give them credit for when it came out it was one of the best but times have changed. 15 boxes must have a lot of people and fish

deertracker
    Participant

Hope you got the good stuff BC. Like snakes and sparklers…
    DT

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

I like mixing Andy’s and Shorelunch together. Straight Andy’s tastes like sand and gravel to me. Egg wash and Frymagic/Shorelunch is my fav though.

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

DT

You’re gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don’t have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Joe Dirt i believe?

xplorer
    Participant
    Cloquet, MN

Egg wash and Frymagic/Shorelunch is my fav though.

I dry zippiebag shake FryMagic, eggwash then zippiebag shake in pulverized Ritz.
    Gonna try one meal with Shake and Bake crispy instead of Ritz this week on Namakan, I believe B-man suggested that.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

You’re gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don’t have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

No I don’t. Cause Snakes and Sparklers are the only ones I like.

Wallyhntr1
    Participant
    Tonka

Plain saltines turned to dust with an egg wash 1st, then deep fried in 370 degree oil, only way I’ll eat fish.

all the funky crap seasonings, crushed chips, potato flakes, Doritos, that I’ve had from friends over the yrs, I’d now pass on & go to arbys (haven’t been there in 35yrs & never will again)… & don’t start with tarter sauce, that garbage is not for human consumption.

Guess I’m just an old, opinionated dog set in his ways. doah

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.