MX 1825 Questions

• ?????
    Participant

I have a 2016 MX 1825 I am adding some things to. One is a seat base centered in the back and have ordered the base from the Skeeter Boat Center where I bought the boat. I am planning on reinforcing it on the under side with a 1/4″ aluminum plate to be sure it is stable as that piece between the splash well and the live well is only 6″ wide. Question is when you purchase these new you can get a ski pylon so when it is installed is it the same base as the seats with a different pole or is it all together different and do they reinforce the mounting plate somehow?

Question #2 is I run Garmin’s and added one at the back so I need to add another transducer can I mount along side the existing one or should I install it on the other side of the boat, and if they are together will I get any interference with both units running as they are identical?

thanks in advance for everyone’s insight and help.

pale ryder
    Participant
    NULL

I don’t know much about ski pylons but I am pretty sure the motor, when tilted up, will hit a center mounted seat post.

As to the transducers. I have run several at the same time, all 200khz, without problems. However I have heard from others that they did get interference.
    So, the only way to know for sure is to try it.

?????
    Participant

You are correct on the center seat post hitting the motor and I have a offset seat post etc.. to avoid that to a point but I will remove the seat post after using it and before trimming up the motor, every time I hope. LOL!

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.