Multi specie Live scope on boat what to expect?

• mrpike1973

After using Live scope in winter definitely helped in locating panfish. This weekend drove around the lake learning this new technology. What should my expectations be? For locating bass in particular to me never really saw any fish on the bottom or near weeds could see panfish around weeds. Settings at what I learned on YouTube videos and seems to be good. Just wanting to know whether I should be using it much for bass or fish instead of staring at a screen. Some say the Humminbird is better it really doesn’t matter to me this is what I’m using and have no plan of getting anything else for a while. Thanks, Yes I know Bass is closed only trying to learn my electronics did not even fish.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I don’t own one, but I can see a person getting to caught up in running around and looking for fish and spending to much time watching the screen. Unless you are fishing for BIG $ i’d probably just go fishing. You may want to use it some once you locate some fish to learn what exactly it looks like when bass are there. To the average fun fishermen I just don’t see livescope being all that much advantage. That being said, I think its a huge advantage on the frozen water.

Hey

I would focus on learning how to use perspective mode. Especially if you are fishing shallow water for bass.

Perspective is 135 degree cone angle and forward is 20 degree cone angle.

Look at humminbird 360 images. Perspective gives you same image type just at 135 degrees.

Don’t focus on finding fish. Learn how to locate structure, weed edges, transitions etc, etc.

Lots of playing around with settings and angle of transducer.

Michael Best

I don’t own one but here is my thinking on it.

Imagery to find fish and or structure and live to interact with the fish once they are found.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’ve read/heard at least a couple of people talk about using it to catch crappie as a great way to teach yourself how to use it for catching bass. I think the comments had to do with dialing in being able to see your lure, and watching how the fish are reacting to the presentation. None of this advice came from Minnesota anglers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.